Saturday, April 10, 2010

Transgenders



This is an interview, on Yahoo!
A transgendered person, Adriana Roslan talked about her opinions and life.
I just happened to come across it actually and I mean, personally I just view them as normally people. Some people will sneer, jeer, make crude jokes and I don't think its funny. They really ARE the same as everyone else, they just happened to be born in the wrong body. I mean I guess they got a bad rep from those who solicit as prostitutes. Then again, they should just be looked at as prostitutes and not as transgendered prostitutes. Maybe they had to turn to it cuz noone was hiring? See how that perpetuates into a vicious cycle? So yeah. If you aren't sure what to call them, then just ask. Its simple and polite.

The thing is, when I DO see an transgendered person, I do stare. Not because I'm a hypocrite or anything. Its just that they look so PERFECT. Like seriously!!! Their legs are as long as my entire body, gorgeous figure and expertly applied makeup! I mean how can you NOT stare at them, in ADMIRATION! Seriously. That's all it is. sigh. I swear, the amount of effort they put into their outfits, would put any female to shame.

There is that arguement that if you're BORN a female or a male, you are SUPPOSED to behave like that and have your physical appearence as such. However, I don't believe that. Wouldn't you rather dress as how you FEEL? If you feel and know without a shred of doubt that you're not supposed to be male, or not supposed to be female, then yeah, by all means, change. Change so that you're comfortable. I know this is all very easy to say when no one close to is changing. I mean people would say that well what it your son wanted to have a sex op? Would you be happy? Well, frankly, there'd be some shock. Unless I knew all along, there would be some shock. BUT, I'd be happy. I mean hello? I get to have another shopping partner! Who'd look gorgeous! Of course there's that whole "will she get married and will I get my grandkids?", but there's always adoption! So yeah. And any friends who are thinking about permanent changes, in any form, I say, if you're sure and comfortbale with it, GO FOR IT. Just know that if everybody else abandons you, you'd still have ME:)

love love,
shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!