Thursday, June 10, 2010

Korean Drama

I have a confession to make.

I watch korean dramas.

Well technically I've only watched like 2 and I'm currently on my third.
I don't know what it is about them since the ones I've watched are just basically drawn out romantic/family dramas but you get really hooked on them! It helps that there isn't like season 1 and season 2, just one run of the show and that's it. They're fun to watch, and I'm so used to watching shows with subtitles that it doesn't take away from the real emotions shown on the show.

At the same time, I don't know why, but its sort of embarrassing for me to admit that I watch them. Maybe its my circle of friends and people or the general view that they're fluffy and ridiculous or whatever. I mean, when I watched Hana kimi, the taiwanese version on tv, or I tried to, my dad and mum were appalled and wondering why on earth am i doing it? My sister watched with me of course. They basically gave us grief about it. Then, again when me and sister were drawn and I mean literally DRAWN into watching Boys Before/Over Flowers, the korean drama, again, father teased and gave grief. Thank goodness he didn't catch on when I watched the short but sweet, You're/He's Beautiful. So can you really blame me for giving father grief for watching some Billionaire show, also a Korean drama on KBS and even TAPING it when he went out? I don't think so. He can still jack me back when he saw me watching Smile, You, the third Korean drama which I'm watching now online, after I made noise about him taping the other show. Humph.

I refuse to be embarrassed about watching dramas, Korean OR Hindi cuz they're fun and nice and quite frankly easy entertainment. If I wanted to LEARN something, I'D PICK UP ONE OF THE MANY BOOKS LYING AROUND MY HOUSE thank you very much.

humph.


and double humph.


shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!