Thursday, June 17, 2010

Phuket and World Cup

I'm going on a trip in 2 days. Going to Phuket on saturday, till wednesday. I'm hoping that the people I'm going with don't read my blog and don't know it exists but truthfully, I'm not looking forward to the company. I'm excited purely for the location. The last time I was in Phuket was like at least 10 years ago, so I barely remember it. The tsunami of 2004 also would have changed much, both the people and the coastline. In that sense I'm looking forward to going back to that lovely place. However, though the people I'm going with are perfectly nice and warm, they're not exactly my age per se and I'm not very good with children of ages between 7 and 12. Before and after I'm alright but that particular age group is difficult for me. I'm sad that one of the people that usually does go, isn't this time, so the trip will definitely be strange without her. I'm just really really hoping that the trip will be fun and relaxing.

The thing is, the World Cup is on now and I just KNOW I'm going to miss some matches that I really want to watch. Officially I support Spain, France, Argentina and South Korea. I watch Portugal just for Christiano Ronaldo and I'm not ashamed to say it. Hello?! I AM a girl after all! However, I will instinctively support the underdog in a match. It was extremely embarrassing for Spain to lose last night to Switzerland, but I'm almost hoping that Spain DOES come up against Brazil, just because I know Brazil will slaughter them and it would serve them right for doing so badly against the Swiss in the first place. Sympathetic fan I am not. I really do like watching soccer, and not just for the hot guys(though those are in small quantity lately). I like the game itself and I can see if a goal will go in or not, at least from the angle itself and when they're offside or not. I look forward to a fast game, and can't bear it when they're slow. Cards make the game interesting, as do penalties but even just a well-done play is good too. So to the guys who think I watch if just for the players, YOU'RE WRONG. The hot players are a BONUS, not the REASON.

its interesting to see how different people watch soccer. Yesterday night I was yelling at the tv, which is not new for me. Doing it in front of people is new for me. Then again, they're so close to me, its not embarrassing. My father watches it quite quietly and most guys do too I think. My cousin says girls are very noisy, but then again, how can not be? We're ALWAYS noisy, and soccer is exciting so duh! My friend says I'm just as entertaining as the tv, but then again, she doesn't really watch soccer much, except the World Cup. I shall take that as a compliment.

Sigh. Okay, enough blabbering. Gotta go do laundry.

ciao lovies!
shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!