Saturday, December 3, 2011

Hello hello!

Yes I know its been absolute AGES since I've blogged and yeah I've sort of slacked in terms of maintaining the original intentions of HAVING a blog. Truth is, I've just been a bit busy and (I don't know why I'm writing as if I'm talking to someone; no one READS this thing anymore) anyway, stuff's been going on.

Anyhoo, I was just thinking about a couple of things. I mean okay, I have had more than a few things on my mind, this is just whatever's at the top.

Mistakes. Everybody makes them, either consciously or unconsciously. They make them all the time. Thing is, when is the line where you can't forgive the mistake? When apologising and attempting to make up for it, just isn't enough? There's actually a legal definition of the word "mistake". I'm not going to go into the legal definition and the dictionary definition. Anyone can look a word up.
My question is, when is the mistake too big, that you can't ever take it back?
I was watching Bachana Ae Haseeno, and for those of you who don't want a spoiler, please skip this part. Raj leaves Radhika at the altar, too much of a coward to tell her that he can't marry her. Leaving someone at the altar, is absolutely terrible. Especially when you love the person, when the only reason for not marrying her is that you just don't want to be married. He goes back much later, to apologise and ask for forgiveness, and she initially does not. I don't blame her, that was an absolute awful thing to happen to anyone. Eventually she forgives him, because hating him has worn her down. For her own sake she forgives him. And mama was watching this movie with me and she mentioned something about mistakes as well. Like that even at work, her boss said something like "Everyone makes mistakes. But look at the kind of mistake that's made!" Some mistakes are too big to be forgotten and forgiven.

I suppose we have the law for the classification of mistakes. However, things like adultery is not punishable by law, though it is morally wrong. So what is the line then, where is it I mean?
Truthfully, I have no idea. This is obviously something that we decide for ourselves, whenever events happen to us. I suppose one way of looking at them is to think, " If I had made such a mistake, would expect to be forgiven? Would I be able to forgive myself?" I guess that's one way of figuring it out.

shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!