Thursday, May 13, 2010

Chori Chori Chupke Chupke

There are few things in the world worse than losing a child. But I just realised something. Having a miscarriage and then not every being able to conceive or carry a child is pretty close. Being so ready and close to having a child, and then for some reason that's snatched from you is bad enough but being told that you can NEVER conceive or carry a child is like driving the stake further in your heart and twisting it.

The hindi movie Chori Chori Chupke Chupke introduces this sort of situation to the Indian masses. My favourite actress Rani Mukerji does a wonderful role of Priya Malholtra, the woman burdened with such a situation. Her and her husband's solution to the problem is unique. I shan't revela anymore than I already have but I really do recommend the movie. Its not your typical love-story round a coconut tree or in European scenery (though they do shoot quite a fair bit in Switzerland; they have to show SOME nice scenery! plus its interesting how the scenery is juxtaposed later) . Now that I think about it, the movie is quite well-done and written, even with the locations and background playing a role in the story. I know this is really random but the songs were up on papuyaar.com and I just happened to come across it. Peeps, I really do recommend you check it out. There is a version on youtube, with eng subs!
The link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j0gkJotT2k&feature=related
Just copy and paste yea?
Anyway, I gotta get somewhere by 12pm and its already 5am so I gotta get to sleep for a bit!
love love
shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!