Thursday, January 14, 2010

Don't you find it interesting that people call their respective other, their "boyfriend" or "girlfriend", but never "lover"? Why is that?

Is "lover"a bad word? Is it offensive to other people hearing the word? I suppose it DOES imply some sexual activity, and if you don't want disturbing thoughts appearing in your family's minds, you tend to stick with the safer 'boyfriend". Plus I think the word "lover" is quite a heavy term to place on someone. It speaks of your own feelings toward that individual, the EXTENT of your feelings too. Its probably why I've never heard any of my friends refer to their significant others as "lover". Maybe when we're all older, will I hear it being used. Cuz quite frankly, the term's more exciting and sexy right?

shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!