Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sonu Nigam LIVE IN CONCERT!!!

WOW! what a show! Okay, some might say that oh it was small, or oh everyone was seated, but to ME, it was FAB-U-LOUS!!!! I absolutely loved it and think I've fallen in love with his voice. I'm not one to gush mind you, about a singer especially but boy is he a performer or what! The poor thing had some viral gastric something where your stomach is KILLING you, and a lower back thing, and he still put on a brilliant show! I had so so much fun, I am so GLAD that my mum bought the tickets for me! I have been to another concert before, but that was for FallOut Boy so I'm really not a fan of them. Was almost forced to go, but I did make the effort to learn the songs so I did have fun at that time. However its so different when you actually like the singer and you know the songs, because you have like, 10 times more fun! I was clapping loudly cheering, practically dancing in my seat! I'd have gone down to dance in the side, where there was some space where some people were dancing, but i KNOW that my sister wouldn't come with me and my mother surprisingly enough didn't look like she was gonna move so I just bounced in my seat. Luckily the people behind and infront of us had gone down to dance so I wasn't annoying anyone behind or infront of me.

And that whole thing where he showed us how a song can be made using like 5 words, which were Aloo, Muli, Gobi and Muttar Paneer(or smth like that) by the way, was incredibly cool! At least to me. It was brilliant how he could sing those words in the different styles, even according to different music director's preferenced. He got Himesh's one SPOT on I tell you! I was especially glad that he did Shukuran Allah and All Izz Well, cuz I LOVED those 2 songs. It was just a humongously fun show for me, and I was amazed at his stamina and ability to entertain and perform so well!!

Even the other aspects of the show was amazing! The female host person, who was from Spore apparently spoke extremely well, and the male host person was hilarious during the interval with his stand up; I especially enjoyed his impressions! And even though the audience wasn't particularly friendly toward the opening act, Gunjan(i think that's her name), I think she did a pretty good job, holding her head high and trying to engage the audience. Her voice, may have been a little sharp and high for some, was really not that bad and fairly versatile, enough anyway to do the Don song, Beedi, PCD's Jai Ho and Yeh Ishq Hai. I felt quite bad for her cuz the audience wasn't very nice to her but, what can u do if you're opening for Sonu Nigam to a Bollywood-celebrity-starved society that is Singapore(they NEVER come here, its like damn annoying la). OH and one more thing which I found quite cool and squealed "omg" like 10 times when it happened; ANIL KAPOOR SHOWED UP IN PERSON!!!!!! AMAZING RIGHT???
I was actually quite doubtful and cynical, assuming like he wouldn't appear and it really looked liked it, but then he did appear on stage and I could see him and everything and HEAR him, confirming that it WAS him! I know I went for Sonu Nigam, but it WAS a nice surprise you must admit. Of course when Sonu appeared for the 2nd half everyone went wild again of course, as did i.

All in all, a FUN-FILLED rocking(if i ever hear that word again, it'll be too soon i tell you) fabulous time at the Sonu Nigam Live in Concert show!!!

a happy shini,
shini

P.S. totally saw at least one person I knew, other than my relatives.

P.P.S. People may make fun of me cuz I LOVE bollywood so much that I actually go for the concerts, but I really don't care anymore:) I like being indian in this aspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!