Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I just read the most awful article ever on the net.

See I was reading this book, and it mentioned something about the Mini-sari and the furore it created in India when it was created. So I decided to check it out and see WHAT THE HELL IT WOULD LOOK LIKE, since I just couldn't imagine it and I came upon this ridiculous article arguing that women should wear saris all the time and it condemns the use of the salwar and jeans, separately or together. I wouldn't mind it so much but the way it was written, sounded so chauvanistic and disgusting that I couldn't BELIEVE that someone of this level could even EXIST in this time and age.

Personally I think that Saris are fabulous, though I'd never wear it because I think I'm too short for it to actually look GOOD on me? and it'll probably make me look shorter than ever, all that cloth. So yeah, but I think its still a wonderful representation of Indian culture but I don't think it is appropriate for work and everyday wear, like for moving around and going to the market even. See, the sari isn't the most secure of garments to wear, since its techinically just a blouse and a whole LOAD of cloth just wrapped around you, so really, it can quite easily fall off or unravel. its also easy for blunders to just occur. Plus, there's really nothing wrong with the salwar and jeans. Even the saris of the modern day, the kind with bikini tops and cholis and a sewn up and ready-made sari, its STILL a sari so I don't know what is that person's problem.

Anyway, I'll be going off now cuz I gotta wake up earlier tomorrow.

so, bye!
shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!