Thursday, December 17, 2009

I wonder if my parents have given any thought as to who I should marry. Assuming that they think I should marry at all of course, because we can all say we're "colour-blind", and all that, but really, MOST of us aren't. I mean not int he true sense of the phrase. At the very least, You'd notice or like guess that person's race, or sub-group they're from, since we ALL belong to some group right? You'd never actually make snide or demeaning comments about any particular race, but on the other hand, you can't actually say that you are "colour-blind".

So in this case, its with regard to my future partner, whether my parents are looking for a specific person, in terms of well, to put it somewhat crudely, race. I'd actually be fine with anything, so long as noone imposes anything on me and I would try my very best not to impose anything on anyone. I'd really like to get into the head of my parents, and see their opinion on this matter cuz god know that they will absolutely NOT tell me unless inebrited(seriously, it works, try it on your parents). Anyway, I don't know why I'm wondering about this now, its at least 6 years more till its absolutely NECESSARY that I think about this and what's more, my parents didn't even think I'd make it to university, much less they're old school, so I DON'T think that MY future marriage is anywhere in their minds. Okay, Sister is asking for massage, which I can't refuse since I refused to go shopping with them today, and they did ALL the xmas shopping today, so I feel guilty about avoiding the gruntwork so I must go off now. ciao my lovelie!

shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!