Tuesday, December 15, 2009

new realisations

Some things occurred to me today, and unfortunately I didn't have a pen on me so its a miracle that I can even remember them now so bear with me if it all sounds a little strange.

This year I've realised 2 things that I wasn't positive about in the past. Number 1 is that I actually don't like noodles very much. I've always wondered why I could never finish like a whole bowl of noodles but I definitely could finish a plate of chicken rice. Even pasta, I have to be in the MOOD for it, but baked rice is no problem. So I've realised that I'm a rice person, like a REAL rice person. Of course I've been reducing my rice intake and portions over the months and years la. I've also realised that I don't really like breads that much. I mean, I like it better than noodles of course, and its a must for breakfast, but I'm not like my mum and sister. I can't eat plain bread, without anything. I just can't. It has to have at LEAST butter, if not cheese. My sister and mother on the other hand, can totally whack plain buns and whatnot. However I do know that I really really REALLY like potatoes. really really. In almost all forms. I just don't like MASHED POTATO. cuz its too mushy for my liking. Anyway, enough about my favourite carbs, I'm not supposed to be talking or even thinking about them at this point.

Second thing I want mention is that I've always thought that I LOVED LOVED the beach. If you asked me, mountain-side or beach-resort holiday, I'd take beach EVER SINGLE TIME. Recently though I've found out that I really only like the beach in the day, when I can see the sea. I like actually being able to see the colour of the sea and the blackness of the sea and sky just depresses me. Even the ship lights don't cheer me up, cuz I think that they're having a party on the ship and I'm not invited. I also don't quite like it when like the sky's grey or FULL of white clouds, so the sea just looks drab and grey. So nowadays whenever like my mother wants to go to the beach, I will insist that we go in the daytime, so that I can at least see the blue (singapore's waters ARE BLUE so stop saying that they aren't) waters, before it gets all black.

This made me realise that actually, I'm a day person. I've always thought I was a night person. Like I could stay up till the wee hours no problem and I still can. However, I like the day better. I like colours, like on flowers and plants and the blue sky and the white clouds(or grey clouds) and just colours of everything. At night though, I can't see any colour so, its kind of well sad. And the day is a LOT more cheerful and hopeful cuz if you like haven't done something, YOU STILL HAVE TIME. But if its nighttime already, then YOU'RE OUT OF TIME. So I'm technically a day person, who can't wake up in the mornings, but loves the colour and BOTH the sunrise and sunsets.

I actually had something else to write about, but I can't remember the whole thought process of it and my sister's breathing down my neck to CONTINUE using the laptop, so I think I shall log off now.
ta my lovelies!

shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!