Monday, December 28, 2009

Musings of 2009

A little late in saying this, but MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Anyway, the new year's coming up and well, this time of the year always makes us look back at the past year and wonder about the new year.

This year, 2009 has been an interesting one I think for me. Got my results, got into NUS, got a job(sort of), had A LOT of vacation time, started school, met new people, and I even manage to perform! Quite truthfully, earlier on in the year like during Arts Camp of even when I was lazing around the house, I was trying to imagine what the end of the year would be like. Like how it would be like to be a freshman who would have FINISHED her 1st semester. That just really overwhelmed me and I just couldn't imagine it; couldn't imagine what I'd be like, if I might have changed. Now, however,because Time never waits for anyone, I'm already here, ont eh 28th of December, waiting for the new year to start.Its really amazing actually.

You know how people say that at this time of the year, the old Year is an old man, and we're waiting for the new Year, to be literally "born"? That ALWAYS made sense to me.

Something else we do before the new year starts is to make new year resolutions. Or at least, decide on what we want to achieve in the new year. Whether or not we DO achieve them is another matter, for next year's end-of-year musings.

What do I want to achieve next year?
I havent' really thought much about it actually; been trying to enjoy the last few days of 2009, seeing as how 2008 was HELL for me.
I suppose this could be my tentative list:
1. obtain at LEAST 4.0 CAP for next sem, and maintain or improve that for 3rd sem
2.either find a job or do an internship during the 3 months break
3. take part in more sch activities?
4. OBVIOUSLY be fitter and exercise MORE, more regularly anyway
5. BE HAPPIER. -I know this sounds really strange but a lot of the time this year, i've been quite sad, or at least unhappy and we shoudl always be TRYING to be happy right?


This isn't the most perfect list and chances are, I might not fulfill it completely. Of course I WILL try my very best to fulfill it. I really DO hope I manage this though.

Anyway, this isn't set in stone or anything and it will probably change later on. Plus there are some other private goals I may want to achieve which I'm NOT going to put up here. so, anyway, I'll be going now.

love love
shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!