Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pirates of the Carribbean Trilogy

I don't know if I've mentioned it here, but I COMPLETELY LOVE LOVE LOVE the Pirates of the Carribbean trilogy!!!

Like really really love love the movies and everything about them. I know people are like, "its just a hollywood-big-blockbuster with so-so acting and action and a whole load of water",(my mother described them to that effect), but I really like the stories and the twists and the weird information you learn and the amazing lines and of course I find Captain Jack Sparrow incredibly hilarious and strangely attractive. I especially love the 2 love stories and how in the end, Davy Jones was reunited with his love Calypso and the ending of Elizabeth and Will's love story could NEVER have been predicted. And let me just say that Will looked delicious after he was made captain of the flying dutchman(though it does disturb me that a DJ in spore is called the flying dutchman as well).

Something about the music in the movies, I don't know how to explain it in words, but I just love listening to the music. Especially this one tune, from the 3rd movie, you'll hear it in the video I'm putting up, the one titled "One Day". The tune from 2.39 onwards, that little thin tune, I truly just LOVE it and I don't know at the same time I just feel sad. Sigh. As you will probably guess, if you know me by now, I just finished watching the 3rd movie. My dad had taped it at my request when Channel 5 showed it on Sun (THANK YOU CHANNEL 5!), and I managed to watch it just now and ooooooohhh*swoons* totally had to offload some thoughts. As well as find some of the songs. Okay, I should go and do some reading before shuffling off for dance practice.




a pretty good version of the original i think

I'll look for the pirate song that they sing. only got the short one

Enjoy!
love love
shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!