Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Everybody Loves Raymond

I never used to watch Everybody Loves Raymond, when it was actually running for like the first time. Didn't think it was very funny or appealing.

Well after it ended its first run, Starworld started showing its re-runs after the re-runs of Friends, and I sort of began to watch it, and I'm totally loving it. Yeah sure its funny, and boy can the mother drive ME up the wall. But the thing is, what really surprised me was that the show could really touch my heart. There were actually episodes, in which I cried! Granted I'm somewhat of a crybaby and it could have just been hormones at that point in time, but I still think its quite touching!

Like there was this episode, where Frank was awarded Man of the Year in his club and his sons had to put together something to for the presentation ceremony and they decided to do a video of them getting his friends to say good things about him. Unfortunately, all his "buddies" had nothing nice to say about him so they just asked them how they felt about chocolate and they subbed that in. Obviously in the end, Frank knew that his buddies actually hated him, because Ray and Rob couldn't even get 5 minutes of genuine material from them. And he was really upset, but in the end, Marie told him what she'd have said on the video, and after much persuading, so did he and i just LOVED that bit. Another one I think was about when Marie went on a cruise with Ray while Frank was stuck at home with a broken leg while Rob looked after him and of course you can imagine how both fared. When she came home, he was miserable and irritable and she was in a fab mood. Basically, we sort of learn more about their relationship, that even though they really act like they can't stand each other, they geniunely love each other underneath all that. They even have sex on a regular basis! I totally bawled when watching that (not the sex part), the loving part. And even just now, when Ray discovered that Marie had been reading his diary all those years he kept one and was furious about it, and she was just the most upset about when he wrote that he hated his mom, with no explaination or exclaimation suggesting he was writing it in the heat of the moment. Deb was at first irritated that Ray had apologised to his mom for something she had done wrong but then she realised that, yeah, when you have all your doubts about being a good mother and noone is supporting you and your son is silent and then you read that he hates you in his diary, like its a fact, it really really hurts.

Makes me feel bad about when I had written somethings along those lines in my diaries. and yes, I have more than one. Granted, my handwriting is so bad it takes even ME a while to figure out what the hell I wrote, but I just hope that nobody EVER reads my diary. Especially my mother. Actually no, I mean NO BODY can ever read it. sigh.

okay, since I'm thoroughly screwed for tomorrow's tutorial, since I haven't DONE the reading, I should at least sleep NOW at 2 am so that MAYBE I will wake up early tmr.

SHINI

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!