Saturday, February 27, 2010

I came across this website, on Penny's Daybook. Its a quirky way to get over a relationship that ended. Called exboyfriendjewellery.com. I checked out the earrings and the stuff's really quite good! Diamonds and everything! And quite a number of the pieces are new, ( no need to explain why). If it weren't for the fact that I don't HAVE money, and that I'm not a diamonds person, YET, and that I have no way of paying for them (they're all from the US), I'd totally buy a piece.

Only thing that occurred to me was that the pieces, are obviously a reminder of the failed relationship to the owner. Well, one could say that though the pieces are new and have never been worn, there could be some "bad vibes" that could have rubbed off onto the pieces. I know that sounds really ridiculous and superstitious but don't tell me it didn't occur to you either! Of course this isn't limited to just ex-boyfriend jewellery, but to all pre-loved things. (yes the word pre-loved is preferred by many over "second-hand" or worse, "used" *shudder*) You never know what sort of situations the previous owner could have been in when they had worn say, that red skirt? Or perhaps who might have given the previous owner that old indian necklace?

On one hand, the idea of the histories behind each item, gives it flavour and makes it interesting and can even provide a conversation starter. On the other hand, its kinda creepy that other people have used the items before you. You don't know where it could have been and how CLEAN it really is. Then again, if you're the kind to worry about cleanliness, and I mean bing fastidious about it, then you wouldn't be going into the thrift shop in the first place. Still, you wouldn't be able to like, have the first memories of the item. I mean I know that the item isn't like a boyfriend or girlfriend, but you'd always wonder, what had the previous owner gone through with it? You don't have that when the item is new, just like if you date a girl who's NEVER had a boyfriend, or been on a proper date, you know that you don't have to worry about her comparing you to her previous dates or bfs. And yes, I am aware that I just compared a girl to an item, but you KNOW I don't mean it in that degrading way. After all, I AM a girl myself.

Anyway, I'm done wondering about this, and am feeling guilty about wasting the entire saturday away, (BLAME DIVY) so I shall TRY and finish Plato by today even though my prof has finished Aristotle too already, so yes, I am screwed.

LOVE LOVE
SHINI

P.S. I really really REALLY hope that neither of my parents ever find this blog. mama and papa, if you're reading this, DON'T TELL ME IN ANY WAY. and please stop reading, for your sake. Oh! and apparently my dad has a blog too, with receipes on it. I don't know whether to look for it or pretend he never told me and forget that it exists. I'm gonna go with the latter for now.

ciao!
P.P.S. MY MOTHER IS GOING FOR KUMAR STRIPPED! ON FRIDAY!!! and she always said she'd never go. well here she is, going WITHOUT ME. *rolls eyes* my mother has a more happening social life than me, as of this moment, she's getting ready to go out with "the ladies", while I'm sitting on sofa, wondering what the movie on tonight is and whether I should watch it or not. Sigh. ta loves

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!