Tuesday, April 28, 2009

the sun, sand and sea

I think I have realised that I simply cannot live away from the sea. not too far away. I don't know why, but i could never be in a landlocked part of the world, like Mongolia of something. Even if i don't actually GO to the beach in spore, just the fact that its at the most an hour away, is comforting. My mum loves going to the beach too. She says that she loves it for different reasons. Firstly, people at the beach and the park adjoining it are doing things that are positive in nature. Walking their dogs, having picnics, cycling, jogging, playing with their kids and eating. All these activities are happy activities, to put it in my words, and I agree completely. Even if you say, oh, Orchard road is the same thing, technically, it isn't. Shopping, and consuming is technically not good on the wallet. Getting happiness out of material items is also technically not right. (Although I still indulge in it cuz it really does make me happy!)

Basically, the beach and the park are recreational places, which in their nature are supposed to help people relax and have fun, because all work and no play makes jack a dull boy!
Another reason she says, is because the beach never closes. You can never be too late or too early for the beach. Midnight? So what! Lie on the sand and look at the stars! Sunrise? So what! Watch the sunset and observe all the birds waking up to find food. Get breakfast! Middle of the day? So what! have a picnic under the shade or an umbrella, or if you're daring(and dont' care about sunburn), Slap on sunblock and go swimming!(although if you do, you have to keep applying vigorously, and afterwards, put some aloe vera gel and moisturise all over).
So yes, you can go to the beach anytime! Which is great if you think about it because there really isn't anywhere else you can do that. Except 7-elevan, which is why its a fabulous accompaniment to the beach!

She said something else too, but I don't quite understnad it completely so forgive me for sounding confused. She said(my mother), that for some reason, at the beach there is that certainty of the continuation of the day. The safety that the next day will come and that the sea will still be there.

Personally, I really do love the sea, and the beach. I may have mentioned before but if i had to choose between seaside resort and a ski lodge, I'd choose the seaside resort anytime. I may not have the hot bod to show of in a bikini( hahahahaha HARDLY! NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!), or a killer tan,(although i do look better with a slight tan), and I'm not even close to being into sea sports or beach sports, BUT!!!!! (the all important "but!") I have great enthusiasm for anything to do with the beach. You can wear the bikini(talking to my sister), I'll be more comfortable in my tee and shorts. You can get teh perfect tan, I'll put on my sunblock and stay in the shade. However, if you want to play something, I"m all in. So yeah, I"m not the traditional beach babe(repeat, hahahahaha HARDLY! NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!) but, who says tradition is always good?

sooooo....anybody wanna go to the beach?:)

loves,
shini

P.S. talking about the beach makes me salivate for a holiday. NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!