Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tons and tons

I have tons of things to talk about but unfortunately, I may not remember everything so if thoughts and ideas aren't clearly thought out, do forgive me:) Also, I'll be using different colours for different things I'm talking about, so If you have a headache from the colours, again, forgive me.

First of all, using the brightest red colour for the font for this piece of news. I can't remember if i have said this here or not but i have 2 offers!!!!!! WOO HOOO!!!!! I'm not bragging i swear I'm just really really reeeeeeaaallllllyyyyy happy!! I got the 1st one yesterday, I think from NUS, FASS, so of course I was like, whoa!!!! And today, after being out the WHOLE day, and coming back home at 11pm, I see this mail on the dining table for me, after noticing that everyone else in the house has like passed out(not really passed out of course, more like knocked out) and guess where the envelope was from.....NTU!!! For Communication Studies at obviously WKWSCI. Of course I started bouncing up and down like i did yesterday. And it was so weird because I was just only discussing with my friend WL during lunch about whether or not I'll get something else from the other 2 unis(smu and ntu) and she said that if they haven't called me up for something else like social sciences, cuz comm studies and law were my first choices at ntu and smu respectively, then I should most probably be getting them.

One hand, all these offers, are amazing because I never thought in a million years I'd even get ONE! I mean I was seriously considering re-taking my exams because that's what my mother said when i asked what would happen if i didn't get any offers. So it's brilliant! However, Now I have to decide my FREAKING FUTURE!!!!! NOW. How can I do that?! Urgh. I'm shaking as I type this;I'm so worried and stressed out. If only my interests weren't so bloody varied. I still am waiting on smu, to see what they offer me, if anything at all. But already to decide between ntu and nus is stressing me out.

Okay, enough abt universities and stress. I watched this movie today, called Firaq, a hindi movie about the riots between the Hindus and the Muslims in 2002 in Gujarat, India. The movie's characters were fictional and they didn't really show much of the actual riots, because believe ME, its very disturbing. They did show it from the t.vs of the characters houses and it was extremely disturbing. What was worse was how you see different situations in relation to the riots develop. An elderly optimist, nearly loses his idealistic view of life, which was heart-breaking, most of all to his slightly younger realist of a helper. A married couple from the 2 different warring groups, he a muslim, she a hindu, supposedly moving away to Delhi, but instead, staying where they are. An orphan, in every sense of the word alone in the world, still hoping to find his father. A Hindu woman, torturing herself for turning away a begging muslim woman, tries to quiet her conscience by taking care of that very muslim orphan, but instead, somehow, even though he lost his family and he's in constant danger of being killed by angry hindu fundamentalists, he runs away from the house when he realises that she's in a worse position then him! An upset Muslim woman returns to her home to find it burned down and wonders if her Hindu saheli knows who did it. The movie was so amazing and depressingly sad and insightful at the same time. And i want to know why the HELL does a group of people suddenly start attacking another group? Yes they are somewhat different from each other, but most of each group are perfectly content to live side by side. The movie was definitely not at all like the typical Bollywood sterotype of song-and-dance numbers and comedy and drama. Plus the excellent actors, such as Paresh Rawal and Naseerudin Shah. I recommend it very strongly.

Another thing I want to mention.P.S. I don't bloody care if this is a long one!
Today, I also went back to my jc, to collect my Ics tee-shirt and to tell you the truth, I was a little apprehensive about going in because I don't know a number of people in there(meaning the new students). I did anyway and I was so touched by what they did for me! Everyone quite loudly and happily said hi to me and those who knew me immediately hugged me and asked what was going on with me and everything. And then, the teacher presented me with the tee and said such nice and kind words about me i think i was blushing! The dance that was performed was really great, to one of my fav songs, Aaja Nachle, and the whole event, meaning the stepping down ceremony was so well done! Our stepping down ceremony to me was more special because I almost cried when i saw the powerpoint slides that had been prepared for us, but this one was excellent. They even wanted me to join them in the photos which i thought was very nice too. The new prez, so sweet asked very nicelya s i was leaving that maybe if i could help choreograph for them and truthfully, it really depends at that time so that's what i said. Of course i don't think they actually NEED my help, they're good enough on their own. And like, they're going to do Puyal next year, so good luck to them. I was very touched by what they did today so yeah.

Sadly, I've run out of steam, so I really must stop here. This entry is extremely long but I had warned everyone earlier about the length and colours so yeah. Okay, will type again tmr. ciao!

shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!