Saturday, August 8, 2009

HARRY POTTER

Hello all! I think I'm ridiculously cheery for someone who's been confined to the book room of the house, with no one to talk to and made to eat soggy veggies and take disgusting vitamins, but technically, all is good in my life. Yes, yesterday I had a slight fever, along with a headache and cough, when I decided to come back early from the last day of orientation, but that cleared up quite quickly after I took Panadol Flu Max ( its really brilliant; thank goodness its the first time I'm taking it so it actually works, unlike stupid Panadol Flu). I've taken my temperature about a hundred times, since then and so far the highest temp I've had is 37.3. In case anyone's wondering, when I had come home yesterday, my temperature was 37.8, so it wasn't as serious as it could have been.

But I'm still being isolated, and luckily, the sofa in the book room's comfortable enough. I'm also not allowed to go out anywhere (duh!), even though I'm dying to maybe go shopping and or at least put my kirchi in my account so I wouldn't be tempted to spend it. Its got to last me till Diwali, cuz I ain't getting any kirchi for Satayne next week. If some of you don't understand what the hell I'm talking about, just ask in the tag board or leave a comment.

Anyway, you're probably wondering why the title of the post is HARRY POTTER but there hasn't been anything mentioned about him. Well, I just like to start differently. I watched the new Harry Potter movie last week, in the theatre of course and I was surprised. Those who had watched it before me said it sucks and there was stuff that was wrong and that didn't happen in the book. While I admit, that yes, you shouldn't put things that didn't happen in the book, in the movie, since you're supposed to be adapting it. So I didn't really appreciate it when I saw the Burrow explode in flames. However, I also think that you really have to seperate the book from the movie in situations when the film is supposed to be an adaptation. (this is assuming that the Harry Potter movies are supposed to BE an adaptation and not the actual full and correct story on film). I am glad that they did do the cave scenes almost exactly as I had pictured it. I'm a little sad that they didn't show the duelling going on in the Castle though.

I enjoyed it mostly because I got to see the kisses, actually happen, though the one between Ginny and Harry was rather chaste and there wasn't any indication that they were ever together before they broke up so yeah. The kiss I'm waiting to see, is of course between Ron and Hermione. I'm also glad because, it was nice remembering the story again and seeing it on the screen, especially with that wonderful scenery behind. I do recommend people to watch it, if you haven't yet. Just don't expect it to be exactly the same as the book.

However on that note, if the directors decide to leave anything crucial out of the 7th book, let me declare it now that I will not be happy. I LOVE the 7th book. So yeah.

going off now

love
shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!