Monday, August 24, 2009

Moving beyond our comfort zone

Today, I discovered a way for me to get home without paying SINGLE CENT.

From school.

I explain. We were supposed to go to temple today at the Sindhu House, because my mum decided recently that we will go ever Monday for Shivan prayers at 7.30. Now, I finish every Monday at 6 because of my GEM lecture/tutorial. So today, she told me and Sister to meet her at Dover MRT station, the SP side, where she'll pick us up. I figured since Dover is RIDICULOUSLY near NUS, there should be a bus going there. Apparently not.

However my brilliant friend A, found out or remembered that NUH has a shuttle bus to Dover. So we waited for like 20 minutes at least for the internal NUS bus A2 which from our bus stop to go to NUH. Then we walked to NUH since the bus stop wasn't located right at the entrance, it took some time to find it. When we get to the queue, we got worried because the queue had like 50 people in it. I could NOT be late otherwise my mother would slaughter me, and so would her mum. And the bus felt like it was taking forever but I suppose it was only 15 minutes. Then this HUGE bus came and oooooohhh we got excited!

Pathetic as it sounds, but we were excited because we actually had hope of getting into the bus instead of waiting another 15 minutes for the next one. I had to jinx it by saying that if the capacity is filled with the last guy in front of me I'll cry, because technically it did. All the seats were taken up and technically it said no standing, but we were already IN the bus and we were desperate. Plus I figured we were young and (fairly) agile so we'll be okay. So we took the shuttle to Dover.

Okay, so far all I have to do is to take the internal bus service A2 to NUH, then get on the FREE shuttle bus from NUH to Dover.

Well obviously you'd think I'd HAVE to take a bus from Dover to my house.

WRONG!!!!

You see, from Dover there is a connecting path to this canal path and this canal path goes all the way to my house. Yes the canal path is 1km long(its written on the path itself) and the connecting path is not short either, but the whole journey costs nothing at ALL! Cool right! Even is nobody thinks its cool, I definitely think so. Of course I'd arrive home all perspiring and stinky, no matter how slow I walk, because Singapore is humid and I perspire easily, like my mother (though of course it could also be my fats causing me to perspire easily but whatever), but that's okay because I'm just going HOME where there's a shower! And its exercise!

Only thing is this plan of a free journey home depends on the internal bus service working and the free shuttle bus working. But!
I'm still very proud and happy for myself *grins widely*

Oh! To justify my title, I shall note that I DID do some exploring of a place I've never been before in NUS. So there!

love love
shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!