Friday, August 21, 2009

Innocence

You know what I miss? I miss the innocence of childhood.

I was walking home from the shop today, after I had bought something "illegal"-i.e. not supposed to eat because I'm not feeling well, and coming out from my block was this little blonde boy with his maid who was pushing his sibling in a pram. He was on a scooter thingy and as he rode past me, he looked up and said "hi". I was surprised but I said "hi" too and then he just rolled on.

Why does this incident make me want to blog?

Well, I miss the ability one had to just say hi to whoever you remotely knew. He said hi to me because I assume he had seen me before and I was headed to the same block that he lived in. Similarly, I run into a number of acquaintances in NUS these days and yea I do say and bye or just smile, but what if we were to say hi to basically anyone I knew was in NUS, who made eye contact with us? I mean without people wondering what the hell is wrong with me of course.

But I guess that's just wishful thinking.

A big sigh.

going off

shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!