Saturday, August 8, 2009

Pets vs Kids

I'm not a pet person.

I know this must shock those of you out there who can't believe such people exist, but they do. And I'm one of them. I mean don't get me wrong, I have nothing against animals, I just prefer kids. Well not kids per say, but like babies. I LOVE babies. Like really. I can't wait to have one of my own, though I'm not exactly keen on the labour part, but modern medicine has made that much easier.

I actually don't know why I'm writing this post but I realised that I've felt....well uncomfortable or like guilty that I don't have a desire to get a dog or a cat, whenever I hear friends talka bout their pets. So I suppose this post is to ease that uncomfortableness; to assure myself that its not that I'm an stony-hearted and a person who has no desire to look after or care for snother living being, its just that I simply prefer living beings who can and will eventually talk back to me. Not in the 'rude-talk back' kind of way, but the literal, speak back to you, respond kind of way. If I had a dog ( I really can't imagine it but whatever), and I talked to it (I so would, cuz I'd event talkt to inanimate objects like computers, what more actual breathing, and moving creatures like dogs), I'd want the dog to talk back and respond, and not have me guess his/her expressions and imagine what the dog could be thinking. It'd drive me nuts! Literally over the bend I think!

Which is why kids right, even though when they get older, they can cause you much MUCH MUCH greif, and they can be ungrateful and just plain disgusting as children, technically, when raised properly, can actually make for pretty good companions. Plus, you can get grandchildren from them and when you're in your 60s and 70s, you tend to appreciate little children much more, I don't know why.

I think I've managed to be rid of the strange feelings enough to finish up this post. Time for me to go and cough in peace. tata.

love love

shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!