Thursday, August 6, 2009

Random stuff

Why is it "lady" luck? why female?


If you had a crush on someone, like really really long time ago, and for a seemingly endless period of time, and eventually, you decide that you're over that person, why is that whenever you meet that person, you still get nervous? like THAT kind of nervous?

Did you know that a Brazilian girl can look 100% Indian, such that she can play a Punjabi girl in a Hindi movie? Awesome huh?

Did you also know that I'm not very good with guys? As in, like conversation and just talking? I'm completely comfortable with very few guys, one of them being my close friend T. This isn't going to be a whole post on him, because I'm not sure how he'd feel about that but, I just want to say that, I really do appreciate having him as a friend. I can tell him pretty much anything, things I don't know if I tell my sister or not. And don't get me wrong, we are REALLY just friends, and will always be ONLY friends. No extra feelings in that direction AT ALL. I want to be very clear about that. like CRYSTAL CLEAR. He's always cheering me up and telling me I'm not fat (and as a girl, I appreciate that 100%)

But still, I'm definitely not good with making conversation with guys. I guess I'm shy. Have no idea how I'll meet anyone, you know, like a potential SOMEONE. Sigh. I'm also a bit shy when it comes to making friends with Indians. No idea why. Like the initial break-ice part. After that, I'm good, usually. Its just the first part, the introduction. That's not to say I'm unfriendly. I'm quite nice and friendly. I just go quiet and shy a lot of the time. Especially in new situations. LIKE UNIVERSITY.

This is probably a stupid question, but can all animals sneeze?

Are dark chocolate digestives less fattening than milk chocolate digestives?

How the HELL did Fran Dresher keep up such a FABULOUS body, when she was well into her 30s and 40s, on the show The Nanny? And this was slightly before the year 2000 mind you. I mean seriously.

Those couples who elope, do they every resume contact with they're relatives, and family? Like lets say the girl's family disapproved of the match but the boy's side approved. Does she ever see her family again?

Reputation is something everyone has, unlike money, and its fragile, because it can be tarnished and just basically destroyed very easily. However, I think Shakespeare was a little wrong in saying that the other man doesn't become richer if he destroys one man's rep. He doesn't become richer in terms of material wealth, but he can still gain from destroying the other man's rep. Reputation is actually quite interesting because everyone, all kinds of people have reps, and they mean different things to the different sets of people in that person's life. No wait, that's more of image. Or is that the same thing?

Okay, enough. Brain tired. night night.

love love

shini

1 comment:

  1. fine shin! i'll see what i can answer :p

    i don't know why lady luck is female. but lady luck is actually from greek/roman mythology, and if i'm not wrong goddesses look after the girly things, and gods after manly things. like hercules is a god. male god.

    i don't think all animals can sneeze. only the ones with lungs. only ones with lungs yawn too.

    dark chocolate digestives are probably just slightly less fattening. because there's a bit less milk, i think.

    about the nanny, i don't think she ate. dieting goes way back :P

    i think most couples who elope do eventually see their families again, if the families come to accept the new spouses. it's like running away from home i guess. people still return right?

    i doubt i helped though :p

    ReplyDelete

feel free to comment!