Friday, February 27, 2009

family

This is really going to be a shot one, because i can't really reveal everything going on in my personal life. Its not nice to be airing dirty laundry in public you know! I'd just like to say, to put it out there for me to see for myself that yes, you can't choose who you're related to. Wouldn't we all love that? I know of some people who would. family members can frustrate, exasperate, and downright IRRITATE, but you can't really DO anything about it because, you're FAMILY. of course, through marriage, i guess, is a way in which you can sort of choose, but i don't think it makes much of a difference. No matter how much my family members annoy the hell out of me, i try my very best to be calm, and think about they're good qualities. And i can't think of any for some of them, i just try to ignore them completely and focus on those who make me happy. This is a trick i learnt from someone very experienced in creating happiness for herself out of none;in creating time for herself when there is none. She to can't STAND some people she unfortunately is related to, but deals with it nonetheless.
This post was actually for me to just record down my sane thoughts, for times when i feel angry and frustrated at my family members, so that i would remember my own advice and calm down. And i also just realised that all this advice i've been dishing out, seemingly to the readers of my blog, is actually for myself. I'm virtually talking to myself, and while that isn't something new in concept, it is kinda new in general, because i'm doing it via the net. So yeah, i hope i didn't come off as preachy to the few who may read my blog occasionally, cuz its mostly for me. anyway, yeah, gotta be going.
Oh! if anyone wants to read drama about families, in Singapore, read The Serpent's Tooth, by Catherine Lim. Fabulous. I found it in my parents' bookshelf(those of you friends who've been to my house would remember exclaiming at the number of books i HAVE in my house) and it's excellent reading! Especially when you realise that she's a Singaporean writer.
Oh yeah, one more thing i realised from various discussions about family drama with friends: all that drama you see in hindi and tamil movies and serials? You wonder how writers come up with that sensational nonsense? I'll tell you how. They take it from their own family stories and gossip! i swear! Every family had scandal, gossip and drama, and its actually quite a money-making scheme to convert the drama into a serial or movie! No wonder those reality tv shows where a camera follows a family around do so well!

anyway, going off. tired.

shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!