Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mornings

Mornings. some people love them, some can't bear them. Me, it goes either way. I love the cool temperature of the morning and the fact that you know you've got the whole day ahead of you to do whatever you want. All that time is just so tempting and at the same time, reassuring. That if you have to fix something of do something, you HAVE that time. Which is why that whenever i wake up late and miss the whole morning, i feel quite sad and upset with myself. Unfortunately, i've been doing that quite often.

Anyway, why the subject of mornings came up is that i had to wake up super early this morning ot meet my friends, let's just call them M and Ir. Now because i had been sleeping late for god knows how long, of course i could only fall asleep at 3 plus last night. The next morning, thanks to my sister and parents who all have to be in school(both my parents are teachers), by 7.30, i woke up at 6 something. That calculates into about 3 hrs of sleep for me. THEN, i had to bathe and pack my stuff to play badminton, cuz there's no bloody way i'm missing out on an oportunity to play badminton with people who actually WANT to play with me, unlike my sister. the stupid train was super crowded, so of course no seat. and while i was in the train, i noticed this. I was in a bad mood initially when i saw the crowded train carriage but then i observed something which really cheered me up!

i noticed that EVERYONE in the train carraige all looked extremely miserable!!! some words to describe their faces: irrritation, exhaustion, unhappiness. Which is interesting because, when i looked around, i felt underdressed in my tee shirt and fbt shorts, hence making me feel a little uncomfortable and not very happy but at the same time, i figured that if i were all dressed up nicely like all these office people were, I know i'd be in a pretty good mood! so i then concluded that to them, dressing up for work is not as pleasing to them as it would be to me probably cuz they're so used to it. which is sad to me because i like dressing up or dressing well and for some reason, singaporeans dress very well for work. they probably are the best dressed the entire week when they go to work. it then made me think that, well, if i had to go to the office everyday for like a few years, i'd be so bored with dressing nicely, that i would lose the pleasant feeling i get from dressing up. and how not fun is that!?! by the way, im totally aware of the fact that im digressing from the main point of mornings but too bad; that's how my mind moves. just gotta keep up!
and then i realised that if that(the above written sentences) did happen, then i'd just dress super casual and sloppily for the days i go out and have fun and that's no good!

So i decided that if i have to wake up early in the morning and go somewhere, i'dbetter feel good about my day and FIND things to cheer me up and distract me from the reduced number of hours of sleep, otherwise i'd end up like those miserable yet, well dressed office workers, stuffed into the train carriage, yearning to just go home and sleep.
IDEA! there could be a horror movie about well-dressed zombie office workers who drag innocent and carefree students awaiting university admission into their world of black and white type and freezing cold offices! oh wait, that's called the real world and it DOES happen. almost all the time. sigh. i thought i was onto something new. anyway, back to what i was talking about. (boy is this going ot be a long post!)
Oh crap, lost my thread again. okay, i think if i were going to end my "thinking" post, i'd say that, in truth, though the mornings can kill u especially when u're all comfortable in your cosy bed, mornings can be good too. i mean, at least you'd be actually EARNING money, cuz there's now bloody way any employer will pay his employees to saunter into work at 4 in the afternoon and then leave 2 hours later. so to all those office workers out there, cheer up! you guys look good! don't spoil the whole look by looking absolutely depressed. I mean you might even gain a few brownie points from your boss by appearing cheery instead of the usual dour expression! so really be happy, or at least not so sad:)

loves,
shini

P.S. as you can see, the stupid tagboard is not up yet. well. nothing i can bloody do about it. sighs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!