Thursday, February 26, 2009

work

Rumour has it that A level results are coming out next week. My friend, M says that his ex-teacher says, the 2nd of March. And he says also someone, who's the HoD of somthing in a jc, also says next week. Now, if I were to take these rumours seriously, i'd be a nervous wreck right now. While i'm not denying that it may be next week, i'm also strangely not freaking out. One thing, is keeping me front breaking down completely. And that is work. Mind you, i'm only doing part-time, and my other job is practically non-existent right now, so its not actually a big deal. I can't say what exactly it is i am doing, or where i'm working at but all i'll say is that it's really occupying my mind. Practically driving out everything else( not always a good thing because i've clean forgotten to vacum and mop, though THAT could have been selectively, and to go and exercise) BUT! it has driven the thought and fears of my results and the future from my head temporarily. Even as i write this, i'm not shaking , or crying as i usually am when i work myself up into a mess(me and my mum have this trait in common; that's the problem of having an overactive mind, that has been tended to by years of frivolous hindi movies, chick flicks and chick lit). I'm relatively calm, though i can feel the anxiety bubbling near the surface, VERY near the surface,kinda like a volcano.
Aside: if i were to think of myself as a volcano, i think i wouldn't be able to decide if iwere an andesitic volcano or a basaltic one. I guess other people would have to decide this one for me. Unforunately, as not many people READ this blog, i wouldn't have the luxury of actually finding out which volcano people thought i was so nevermind. When i figure it out i shall tell myself.
Anyway, coming back to the main issue of work, i have realised that work can really put worries away from your mind. And i'm fortunate enough to have all these new projects thrown at me at a time when i'm hearing of friends taking breaks from whatever they're doing, only to find themselves at odds with what it is they should do now. Only problem is that while my other friend, WL can decided to work a half day in the morning, on the actual day fo results, i cannot because work only starts till later! So i have to come up with something to keep me distracted on the day itself.
However i don't think a levels is coming soon, cuz the media isn't saying anything about it! Well, at least i haven't read anything with my own eyes. So i'm actually at the risk of missing the whole event altogether!!! Wouldn't that be hilarious! There is a LIMIT to forgetfulness i tell you. Anyway, i think i have squeezed every last bit of content from this topic, so i shall end here, with just a teeny piece of advice(People might notice that i give A LOT of advice and i'm not trying to be popmpous, i'm just saying things that i think make sense to me, Nobody has to actually TAKE it. ) and that is: while work may stress you out, when you are fretting about something that never seems to come, its excellent for shooing those doubts and fears away to a small corner of your mind, till the time it absolutely HAS to come to the forefront of your mind. So i think we shouldn't always whine about work(though you'll catch ME doing it often enough) and think about its positive-ness!( god i do sound pompous! urgh.) Anyway, got to be going!!! ciao now darlins.

love,
shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!