Thursday, May 28, 2009

Champions: FC Barcelona

I don't quite know how to feel. Just watched the UEFA Champions League finals between Manchester United and Barcelona and i don't quite know how to feel about the end result.

I do know that I'm a lousy fan of soccer. I think I just end up supporting the underdog. See, at the beginning of the match, I was supporting Barcelona. Probably because I really didn't think or know that they could actually win. Of course after their first goal was scored in the 9th minute, by Eto'os or whatever his name is, I began to think quite excitedly that they could win. But as I continue watching after that first goal, I felt that Man U weren't really playing their best.Granted, I'm not an expert on soccer, I mean I barely know what the offside rule is(someone explained it to me but i forgot and besides, I didn't understand it very well; by the way, man u kept violating the offside rule and I think that if they didn't, they might have had some or at least ONE goal, but then again, who am I to say anything), so technically, my feelings on how the players were playing, doesn't mean much.

However, I do think that Man u were rather pissed off at themselves, especially in the second half. I mean I thought Ronaldo was going to hit somebody! By the second goal, I was rooting for Man u to score a goal. At least ONE goal. seriously. I was practically chanting. And since I'm the kind of girl to talk outloud if there's nobody to hear me, I was squealing and talking to the tv quite loudly.I think I just didn't think that Man u could actually lose. No wait, scratch that. I just didn't think that Man u could finish a game, without scoring ONE goal. I mean, if the score was 2-1, with Man u losing, I'd feel fine! One goal would have been decent.

However, back again, when I was watching the celebrations, on in other words, the ceremony, and how happy Barcelona was, I was back to smiling and being happy that they won. I mean, Man u has won it before and they did win the Barclays Premier League, AND there's always next season! And I think that Man u were fairly gracious losers( not "loser" as in with the derogatory intent, but as in second place, not the winners).

I also figured something else out. Since I have decided that I don't have any actual talent, that's why I enjoy watching shows and competitions on tv where people with all kinds of talent, compete and do well! I can't play soccer, but I watch it. I can't play basketball, but I watch it. I can't sing, but I watch American Idol and Singapore Idol. I don't know all the lyrics to many many songs, but I watch, Don't Forget the Lyrics. I can't dance that well, but I watch So You Think You Can Dance.The same with America's Next Top Model and all the other shows I watch. Its weird and people probably won't understand but I feel happy that people out there can use their talents, to get where they want.I'm not putting it very well.

I discovered something else too, but I just can't remember. Anyway, I think now, I'm just very happy that Barcelona won, even though the match could have been more exciting. I guess, players' morale matters very much too. Okay, its 5.20 in the morning, and I should go to bed before my parents wake up and scold me for staying up so late. Ciao!

shini

P.S. I still can't figure out why soccer players are so touchy-feely. Its very suspicious to me. Gotta go!

2 comments:

  1. i think you can dance well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a different anonymous so I don;'t know if you can dance or not. But, I can see you can blog well. So, keep looking for the thinks you can do and don't worry much about those you can't...

    ReplyDelete

feel free to comment!