Wednesday, May 27, 2009

strange phenomenon

My parents, sister, and some friends even, are extremely puzzled as to WHY ON EARTH am I watching soccer and other sports. On Sunday, I watched the NBA finals. As in basketball. I'm not kidding. It was LA Lakers, vs Denver Nuggets, and the series score thingy now is 2-1. And after that I watched the F1 races. Not the whole thing but the beginning and the ending. I know Jensen Button won. And THEN, I tried to watch the ten different matches being shown on the different channels. However, what with all the switching of the channels, I ended up not even catching ONE goal, which as you know, is basically what I love about soccer! What was very frustrating!

But seriously, I don't understand why they think this is such a strange phenomenon?!! Am I such a non-sports person that for me to watch sports, on a regular basis? I mean, hello? They are male athletes! They're usually hot! plus, I do LIKE watching the actual sport, even though I don't actually play the sport. My friend likes to use the example of me trying out for badminton in jc, and being rejected as like an anecdote to show how absurd it is that I'm interested in sports. My mother thinks I'm turning into a couch potato where I'll watch anything, even sports. I mean, okay, the place where I usually sit under the fan is getting pretty sunk in, but everyone else likes to sit there too! And if I were turning into a couch potato, I'd be watching EVERYTHING, including documentaries that I'm not interested in, stupid comedies, and cartoons. Which I don't. So yeah.
Please tell, me its not THAT weird that me, Darshini likes watching sports. When its not Olympic season or World Cup season. I mean I'm actually looking forward to the Champions League Finals, Man U vs Barcelona on the 27th! Like really looking forward! And oh, other people think that I have so much free time that I can actually follow sports when I don't usually do, and I suppose yes, I DO have a lot of free time, but hello, I'm never going have this much free time again and so you can't resent me for it and let me repeat, I LIKE WATCHING SPORTS, FOR THE ACTUAL SPORTS! (it just helps that I find some soccer players good-looking:) )

Whew! Good to get that off my chest. Sadly the ones who don't understand my strange spouting of player's names (meaning my mother, sister and very very close friend), don't actually READ my blog, so unless I print out this entry, or tell it to them, they'll never know. Sigh. Oh well. At least I think my dad's happier?

Gotta go, children.

shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!