Saturday, May 30, 2009

Clarity through booze

This is going to be a long one. Just warning everyone now.

Firstly, I have realised that as of now, 2 drinks should be the max that I go at one time. Why? Because, after 2 drinks, I feel fuzzy and relaxed enough to feel happy but not so disoriented and dizzy that I feel upset. Plus, I can still walk straight, talk straight and write fairly clearly(I'm instantly reminded of Cassio's speech after drinking in Othello; the "this is my right hand and this is my left hand"). Of course one day, I'll feel adventurous and
stupid enough to have the third drink, but I'll worry about that day when it comes. Earlier on, when me and mum came back from the east coast(at like nearly 3am, thank you very much), I said that after a while the effects of the alcohol wore off. I was totally lying. I STILL don't feel like normal, at 4am and I feel a teeny tiny headache at the side of my temple, threatening to start if I don't sleep soon.(don't worry, it won't.)

People may find it weird that I drink with my mum, but as I've mentioned before, its the best time! She pays for the drink(I do feel twinges of guilt every time I swear), she tells me what to do if I feel woozy and I know that for ONCE I don't have to be on a constant lookout for myself or my sister, because mama will be doing that. AND, I don't have to be worried about my appearance which is how I would be if I were out with other people, and I wouldn't have to worry about transportation back and about being late getting home! Sadly, my sister would probably give the exact same reasons as to why she'll always go drinking with me.

I probably sound terrible right? Barely 18, actually no that's wrong, because I'm fully 18. So scratch that, I'm just 18 and I'm already drinking. Not just one sip, but whole drinks. To some, that sounds scandalous, and someone had already told me that people who start drinking younger, like 18 and maybe even earlier are more prone to alcoholism than those who start drinking later in life like 20 somethings, BUT!

I think otherwise.(obviously). I think, that yes, you shouldn't be drinking earlier than 18, because they have a legal drinking age for a reason(I don't know the exact scientific reason, but I trust it). However, I think that if you can control yourself and have rules for yourself, you shouldn't go down the road of alcoholism. Like, I have a rule that I will never drink when I'm sad. Truthfully, it doesn't make sense to me. If I'm sad, I look for comedies, junk food and happy dance hindi music, not cocktails(partly also because all of the above cost less and requires less effort). I only drink when I'm calm or happy. I guess the giddiness you feel or at least I feel can be fun, but I just get sleep after that. Also, I don't ever want to feel awful and vomiting after a night out, because that's just a waste of money and it ruins my memory of the night out! So to all those people out there who frown at me for drinking so early in my life, fret not, cuz I know what I'm doing. And if I don't, I'll definitely ask mama.

Now, secondly(I have to type this fast cuz now I can really feel the headache coming on, caused by some(very little) alcohol and lack of sleep), I want to talk about silent or secret muggers. You know the ones. I'd like to proclaim that I am not one. When I say that I haven't been studying, I'm dead serious. I REALLY REALLY REALLY haven't been studying. I mean the grades should be proof enough. I'm like always doing last minute work. The thing is, I don't like it when people tell their friends,that, damn have barely done any work, when really the have because sometimes those friends, take them seriously and are the ones who haven't been studying so they don't feel so bad about themselves, and in the end do badly.(I'm not talking about myself. I truly believe that everyone else but me studies, a belief that has been drilled into me by my mother) Those poor friends, for some reason, lose their momentum to study and think happily that their other friend, the secret mugger is in the same boat as them. In the end, the two friends, are practically a whole ocean apart. Which is sad because it could have been prevented if the secret mugger had just been real and told his/her friends that he/she was mugging because I think that would have motivated his/her friends to study.I knew my friends were studying and that made me study too. so yeah. I know most people wouldn't understand what I wrote above, but at least I did.

Oh and lastly, I find it weird to see teachers outside school. Its one thing if the teacher you see is like, just a teacher in your school, but its another if its a teacher that can actually RECOGNISE you. Which is what happened today. Me in the car with mama( my mum obviously), and I see morbid(my classmates will know who I'm talking about) crossing the road, the face quite clearly showing that its morbid. in orchard. I just screamed. Why? Because it was that huge crossing between lido and wheelock and our car was right in front. I was just in shock.

anyway, going off, before headache starts. Plus, quite thirsty. FOR WATER.(if anyone was wondering). so bye!

shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!