Sunday, May 10, 2009

Connected?

I just want to say first that technically love and my previous post about death is connected. Why?
I'll explain.

Quite obvious really. When you love someone, in any way, as a friend, a good friend, a sibling, a parent or as a lover, you will feel the loss of their presence. You will feel it deeply because you miss that person so much, and you miss being able to just talk to that person. You will remember him or her fondly at different times. However, if you hate the person who had just passed away, you won't remember the person, except the bad things he or she did to you. You won't miss them at all. Worse still, if you feel an indifference towards the person who passed away, you wouldn't even remember the person at all! Which is awful! So yeah, this is the connection I see between the much-shunned subject of death and the much-talked about topic of love.

Speaking of love, I watched this movie today, hindi of course, on "Bollywood Masti!" on Vasantham, simply because the movies that they've been showing I have not seen, so I thought must take advantage of this right? Missed so many already, but I just happen to be able to catch it. They were Salaam-e-Ishq. Now I had no idea what the movie was about before I tuned in. Apparently its about these 6 couples, and the main theme beinf of course, LOVE! They technically don't know each other all that well, because they movie focuses on each story more then the relationships between couples, but somehow, they all get connected. Almost each couple represented a problem one may face with their love life. There was the cheating husband with his own love-triangle, the indian taxi-driver in love with the foreign girl he's trying to get to her "boyfriend", the eager-beaver, lovey-dovey young couple that just can't seem to have any luck in having "fun", the "fake" relationship between a wannabe and a star that's just for publicity, the commitment-phobe and his frustrated girlfriend and the "mixed-religion" couple that's perfect for each other, till the wife has an accident and cannot recognise or remember anything about her devoted husband. Okay, I know I just told you the story, but its not like anyone will actually go out and watch it right? Those different scenarios, made me think that, whoa! lots of problems out there just to get your love huh! Of course in true Bollywood fashion, there were happy endings all round( I'd be quite upset if there weren't, since I was banking on that assumption!) and of course we can't expect real life to always HAVE happy endings, but with a little luck and a lot of hard work, I think life and love can be the way we want right? With some compromise?

Anyway, I should stop here , since technically I know nothing about THAT kind of love, just the kind you have for your siblings, relatives, parents and friends. So before I put my foot in my mouth, I'll go off. I just hope I managed to clear these thoughts out of my head and maybe put some in yours?

love

shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!