Friday, May 29, 2009

siblings













Okay, I'm feeling sentimental and mushy, probably from watching cheesy chick flicks the whole night, and when I say the whole night, I mean literally, WHOLE NIGHT. Which is why I'm going to talk about my sister. Most of the people who read this blog(like what, 5?), know my sister. Pretty well, for some. And everyone that I know has either met her themselves, or at least heard about her at some point.

me and sis(above)

I'll start with something she said recently.
The other day she said that when she was a kid, she didn't know about condensation, so when she saw the water droplets forming on the outside of a glass of cold water, she thought the glass was leaking!Like she thought that there were many tiny holes around the side of the glass and the water was coming out from the glass. So that's why she'd try to drink the water quickly. I don't think it happened a lot because we weren't allowed cold water most of the time. I remember it being something grownups could drink, like eating white rice.(My mum used to have like 3 different veggies, mixed in with normal rice, and that would be our "vegetable" rice, and we have that with a whole other portion of veggies from the common plate and like chicken. So white rice was a privilege.) Anyway, when I heard that little confession, I burst out laughing. Its exactly something she would think of, using her unique sense of logic.
One thing my sis always could do, even till today, is to make me laugh.

Not that she didn't drive me nuts. Believe me, we had fights. Like actual, physical fights. The memories are a little hazy now, but I DO remember having them. Plus the stand-alone moments of violence. I once threw a ball at her. I also once broke a pencil with my own hands, and that I think traumatised her for some reason. I was so angry, that I just snapped. Literally. of course she wasn't the victim all the time. She's whacked me on the head a few times. With her Barney toy, battery-side of course; with her Teletubby, Po toy, battery-side again; against the wall and(wait for it), she dragged me off her bed by the feet too fast and of course, I knocked my head on the floor quite spectacularly. We've slapped each other, and pinched each other(I'm more guilty of that), and even bit each other(waaaaayyyyy too much information I know).

But.

We always make up and say sorry. Cuz my sis(and this is the wonderful part about her), forgives easily. Me too, but only with her. Actually no, I forgive quite easily after a good night's sleep. But I don't forget. For my sis, all I gotta do is say sorry. And we're back to normal. And even though I can hold a grudge longer, when she says sorry, I just let it go. So we work well together. Even though she really really really pisses me off sometimes.

Truthfully, I think we do look out for each other. Well most of the time, I look out for her, because I'm the older one. She used to joke that I'm like her second mother. I kind of am, 'cept I keep her secrets. When she gets scolded and she cries, I comfort her because she's like that. She need that. When I get pissed off so much that I cry, I go to the toilet and be alone, and she lets me and doesn't ask questions, cuz she knows somehow that I need that. I help her out with school stuff sometimes(quite rarely I'm of any use to her, more so now cuz she's science and I'm arts), and often, if we need to be somewhere together and she doesn't know how to go, I'm usually the one leading the way. I'm the one who brings her to her bed when she falls asleep on the sofa outside. Heck I drag my mother to her bed when she falls asleep outside. I'd be bitter if it weren't for the fact that she knows that she wouldn't know what she'd do if I weren't there. And I guess, its the same for me too.
sigh.
Have a good day di! (not like didi but like a nickname)
I have tons of nicknames for her to the point that whenever she hears a strange word being addressed to her, she just answers. But she only ever calls me shini.

Oh! I just remembered. she takes care of me too! Like at the FalloutBoy concert, and I was out of sorts. According to her, I looked like I was suffocating, cuz I was below everybody's face-level, so she kept asking me if I was okay or not. And when I feel self-conscious she just relaxes me. Plus, she's much better at making new friends than I am.

Anyway, its like 7 in the morning and I haven't slept. ALL NIGHT. AND I missed the game 5 of the nba finals of the lakers vs the nuggets. Then again I didn't feel like it. so, ciao!

shini
Two of the same people I know, but I figured both looked good. Sis and sarah darling.
sis and cousins. in motion! they don't know I took this.
me and her. Yes, I'm the short fat one and she's the tall skinny one. By the way, we didn't CHOOSE to wear the same colour. It just happens.
ALOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!