Sunday, November 22, 2009

Cake vs Cookie, Brownies, Biscuits

The thing about baking cakes, is that you can't taste-test them. Not really anyway. If you're making it for tea, to serve it to other people, then after you bake it, you can't really taste-test it, in case something went wrong and it doesn't taste good. You just gotta serve it and hope for the best. Which is why I think, in the world of baking, baking a cake is the ULTIMATE challenge for me. So far I can bake ONE type of cookie and ONE type of biscuit, as di says, one sweet and one savoury should be enough for me. And technically, it is. However, its not very impressive when you tell other people you see. So at some point, I gotta be able to bake other things on my own, like brownies and eventually CAKES.

I do know though, that if I were going to bring something for tea, I'd NEVER bring cake. Cuz well, with my baking skills, you can never be sure that the cake turned out well, and its not nice to impose bad or at least not good cakes on other people, even if they're family.

NOTE: this is not a commentary on any actual event happening. Just an observation.

shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!