Saturday, November 14, 2009

I'd like to add something else on to the post below. If you watch the first video, and listen to the judges' commentary, you'll notice that the last judge, Mia Michaels who's this phenomenal contemporary choreographer by the way, says that she loves it when you see the bollywood dances being performed with like hundreds of people behind all in sync. I find her comment very very refreshing. People are always making fun of that element in bollywood cinema, that out of nowhere 50 dancers pop up and all start dancing the exact steps and singing with their constumes in place. I've always loved that aspect. See what people don't realise is that all those scenes right, are supposedly called "dream sequences" that are happening in the mind of either the hero, the heroine or both. I figured that usually, if the hero is singing and the his so-called love is silent during the song-dance and is just smiling lovingly, he is in love with her in real life but hasn't told her. And vice versa. If BOTH are singing, then they're either on honeymoon, or in some magical place.

Anyway, I just thought it was interesting that she, a western choreographer actually thinks that the whole group dancing in sync thing is amazing. made me happy:)

anyway, i'm basically screwed for my exams. I don't even seem stressed about it, probably cuz the lecturers and tutors seem to think its not that a big deal. BUT IT IS!!! urgh
dead dead dead dead dead very much DEAD.

a dead and sad shini says bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!