Thursday, September 17, 2009

Coincidence!

OMG. I have found something out and I just gotta write it here. Nothing scandalous just a HUGE coincidence.

Thespis, a theatre group in NUS, I think those doing Theatre Studies as a major, are doing.......................*drum roll please* Descendants of a Eunuch Admiral!!!!!!!

Those of who weren't from NY or you were but just don't remember, NY Drama club did this play and another original one called Walls LAST YEAR!!! Isn't that AMAZING? I know it cuz they sent the monologue required for audition to everyone and when i saw the title of the attachment as Descendants, I was like, waaaaait a minute.....and then once I scrolled down the piece, I totally recognised the speech! I was in crew, but we had to be there for the rehearsals so I definitely remember it. Ain't that just so cool! By the way, the play was written by the late Kuo Pao Kun, like oneof the founding fathers of Singapore theatre. He founded The Substation, in case you didn't know. I actually know this because I did my PI on him for PW waaaaaaayyyy back in 2007.

I'm just amazed. at the coincidence. sadly, a number of the actors from our version are still IN NY, except 2. One's in army and the other, i'm not sure. Oh wells. A nice distraction for me for a while. Back to work.

shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!