Saturday, July 25, 2009

Continuation of Wall E

I finally finished watching Wall E, and oh my goodness, it is NOT a movie for kids. I got so stressed when I was watching the movie, like thinking, crap, is that the future?? Will we all be lazy and fat and live in a mega-humongous ship in space? And will all the machines revolt and control our lives? I was so FREAKED OUT! And the fact that the little plant, represented life, and the ability to sustain life. That one little plant stood for so much! And the "love" between Wall E and Eve, so adorable! I mean you're telling me that kids would get and understand all the hidden meaning behind the situation and story laid out? My senses were literally bombarded and tens of thoughts were flying through my mind, all incomplete.

I suppose in a sense, then, the movie IS for kids. They wouldn't read so much into the movie plot, like adults, young or old would. They wouldn't be freaked out by the possibilities of the future. They would be able to just, watch it, and get over it. I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT! I mean I'm blogging about it for goodness sake!

And can I just repeat HOW FREAKING ADORABLE Wall E is???? Like really!?? I mean I want one!
Sigh. Okay, the gushing will stop here. Going to continue watching tv now. Ciao

love love
shini

2 comments:

  1. It always makes me roll my eyes when people take the point of WALL-E as "oh noes we'll get fat!" Seriously if *that's* what you took from the film, you need to get your priorities straight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, ooookay, true true. but, also, note the fat thing, as in GETTING fat is not what freaked me out. Its what it represented. Humans are perfectly comfortable and fine with basically wasting their life away doing nothing, is what freaked me out. the fact that humans can be become so irresponsible to destroy the planet and then LEAVE it for machines to clean it up is what freaked me out.

    ReplyDelete

feel free to comment!