Monday, July 13, 2009

Sorry but...

Okay I know this had been talked about to death but I just really need to write something out so I can see it in black and white.

I've been feeling guilty about something people might find trivial. I've been feeling guilty that only after MJ died, is when I want to listen to his songs. Like those fans who become fans after the guy died. The thing is, I don't even know why I'm feeling guilty because I'm NOT one of those people. I never EVER hated Michael, or made fun of him and quite truthfully, I don't even believe 100% that he did commit those horrendous crimes he was charged with. Seriously I SWEAR. And I ALWAYS liked his music. ALL of it. Whenever I heard a song, which wasn't very often in the past, I immediately grooved to it. I mean he's the first artist I could even remember when I was a kid. I didn't listen to his songs on a regular basis and I didn't buy his cds because A; I thought he'd be alive longer and I'd have time to fully appreciate his music both old and new(and he has some new music coming out apparently) soon enough and B; I really thought that my dad had the cds (sadly it turns out he doesn't. Mostly because his music was played all the time that there was no need for the cds. Thank god my auntie has some!) Now I have to resort to downloading his music and I don't even know where or how to do it because I usually just buy cds. But his cds are apparently all sold out and anyway, they'll cost a bloody bomb.

I thought at some point, I should wiki MJ and oh my gosh, his page is ridiculously long. According to the wiki page on him, he suffered from vitiliga and lupus, he has donated like BILLIONS to 39 charities, his children have extremely unimaginative names of Prince 1, Paris and Prince 2 aka Blanket, he broke a number of Guinesse World Records and he had a terribly abusive childhood. I don't know how much all of it is true, but all I know is when I was reading the page, my jaw kept dropping and dropping. He was the kind of celebrity that was the best. Why? Because he was so strange and weird both in physical appearence and behaviour and yet he was ridiculously kind and gentle and again on the other hand a total and absolute superstar that had passionate and die-hard fans all over the world and also negative and almost haters all over the world too. Whatever it is, he really was amazing tot he point that people are STILL talking about him, like 2 weeks after his death. Sigh. I can't even promise that this will be the last post on him because you really never know with me. Well, I'm tired, so I'll look up his songs tmr (after all, I have all the time in the world right?), so ciao for now babes!

love love

shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!