Saturday, July 18, 2009

Wall E

*yawns* hello hello children!

I watched the movie Wall E halfway today on Disney Channel before Sister and I left to go to our friend A's house. Yes we still have the Kids pack. If they had separated Disney from the rest of the Kids channels, it would be less of a problem, but we just can't let go of Disney. Everytime my parents ask Sister if we can get rid of the Kids pack, she always screams NO!!! By the way, Sister is 16 years old. I think Disney is useful for catching those happy, sappy, children friendly shows and movies, when you just want to get away from all the other sexually-charged programmes on the other channels. Okay, I'm using my words wrongly. Not "sexually-charged" persay, but you know, the hint of anything sexual. EVERY show has it. Except maybe those CSI type of shows. But still, you know what I mean. I don't really watch MTV (shocker I know, how old am I right?), but today, we just happen to turn it on and we were watching the MTV hits and they were showing all these hip-hop type of songs and I was watching the videos thinking, "why are the images shown so crude and lewd and vulgar? the dancing especially". The only video I saw that I liked was the Eminem one, Toy Soldiers. I'm probably considered conservative, even though if you see me dancing in a club, you might not think so, but yeah, sex and things related to it are EVERYWHERE! On the shows that are considered fiction anyway. They aren't all in the documentaries, or travel shows.

So Disney channel allows my mind to rest, in a sense, plus, I don't have to keep checking if my mother is in the room, because there aren't any kissing scenes and words like "bitch" and "asshole" and "bastard" and everyone's favourite, the F word( I have NEVER said it by the way, outloud anyway) aren't uttered and neither are the words "sex", and "make love". I swear I instantly become twitchy or at least more alert whenever my mother is watching whatever I'm watching.

Anyway, back to the movie Wall E. I haven't finished watching it but I already LOVE it. Wall-E is SOOOOOOO adorable! I mean he's my new favourite animated character! I know the movie's considered old, but I didn't see it when it came out okay. And what's so refreshing is that there' s barely any dialogue in the movie, so far anyway. Just actions mostly. "Actions speak louder than words"- cliched I know but I just HAD to put it in. And it was refreshing because I didn't have to see some annoying teenager on tv acting out the typical stories over and over again. I didn't have to feel jealous about the fact that, THAT teenager is on tv, in a movie and I'M not. Because there were no teenagers, and barely any voiceover talent needed! Plus the character is simply delightful. Tomorrow when I watch the whole movie, with Sister, I might post something else up k?

well, gotta go, feeling sleepy. Ta!

love love

shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!