Monday, July 13, 2009

TV shows

MJ doesn't have lupus. Bloody wiki. Just thought I should right some things that I had posted yesterday.

Anyway, moving on to my real purpose of this post.

I JUST FINISHED WATCHING THE FINAL EPISODE OF HARPER'S ISLAND AND IT WAS THE BOMB!!!!!!!

(I thought I might try the increase the font thing but every time I do that, the bloody font doesn't decrease, so I just stuck to capital letters; I think it achieved the same effect I wanted though)

I hate the fact that when the "Mystery Event of the Year" started, people were so busy with whatever they were doing that no one but me followed it. So in the end, I had NOBODY to discuss the show with! That kind of killed my enthusiasm a bit. I mean it seemed that Channel 5 went to some effort to bring the show in on the same day as it was shown in the US and I had noone to scream about it with! Sigh. And now, when the show has ended, with such an UNEXPECTED ENDING, i STILL have noone to discuss it with. Its driving me nuts I tell you. Oh and if anyone's wondering why I only just saw the finale today and not yesterday, well its because I went out last night with extended family so I taped it and watched it today in the afternoon, when no one would have woken up from my screaming. And yes, when I watched it today, I did scream. A few times actually. But I think our neighbours are used to it. The screaming I mean. I'm quite sure they can HEAR it because our walls are quite thin I think. At night, in my bed, I can hear like sweeping sounds and footsteps, directly above my head, where the ceiling is.

The deal with t.v. shows is that when you have someone to discuss the show with, the experience is all the more entertaining. I mean people bond over tv shows. This is why drama serials have such a hold on audiences, more so than films. Reason being that when the film is over, that's it. We never find out if that happy couple at the end really lives out their life or if something happens to them. Whereas for serials, they can go on and on and on, especially hindi ones. I'm talking about generations growing up and like tens of years passing. I know that for myself, if I'm talking to someone new, while trying to establish a link, I'd ask abut tv shows, to see if we have similar interests or not. Usually guys don't want to discuss the shows whereas the girls love to. Sigh. I think the lack of people I know watching harper's island has killed my buzz.

Thank goodness my dad and my sis watch Red Thread with me. Otherwise, tomorrow's finale will be quite a letdown too. And YES, I watch red thread. I know its a local production and people these days laugh at local productions, but for the first time, in a long time, has a local production been produced, as an original and not a copy, and it looked fairly interesting. Plus, Adrian Pang is in the show, and he's my favourite local actor. Yes, some of the acting could do with a lot of improvement and so could their diction, but its a nice show! And they managed to keep the secrets all the way till the end, which makes me wonder how on earth will they reveal all by tomorrow. The way I figure it is local shows, aren't fabulous. Really they aren't. But the people who make the shows, have to earn money too, and if all it takes, is me sitting down to watch for half an hour, then that's not asking for much right? I mean shouldn't we support the local shows? My mother doesn't think so. But nevermind. I personally can't wait to watch the finale tomorrow, and whoever wants to laugh at that, can do so, since I don't care! humph.

love love
shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!