Friday, July 10, 2009

A few things

First of all, Woooooo Hoooo!!! I reached 100 posts!!!! Cool huh? Okay its a little silly but I just felt like I should mention this fact. I'm quite proud of myself!

Okay, now that THAT is out of the way, I'm going on tho the next few things I want to say.

I AM EXHAUSTED!

Today I had the mandatory health check-up at NUS's UHC at 9.30 am. I don't know what possesed me to choose that timing. Bloody stupid I think. I was so anxious that I'd miss the appointment that I actually had a dream about it, before I woke up! And in the dream I DID miss the appointment and i was absolutely wailing about it! The stupid dream was so realistic that I think as I was sleeping I could feel myself freaking out! The suddenly I woke up, and realised that I was still early. Then of course I went back to sleep and only got up at the last possible minute. So I rushed out of the house at 9.05, and I mean really rushed. I didn't even do the dishes left by the rest of the family earlier today now did I make my bed. I REALLY didn't want to be late for the appointment. The minute I left the house I realised that damn I didn't have the back gate key!

See, my condo is really near NUS. I have a straight bus and the part of NUS that I needed to go to was like 4 stops away. However, the place where I need to take the bus from is just beyond the back gate of my condo and the gate, is of course locked. Every resident is issued a key to unlock the gate and up till I think last year I had one of the copies that my dad made. This year on the other hand, my sister started at JC and she has to take the bus from the back gate bus stop on a daily basis so I gave the key to her. In the morning, since she's always so rushed, she forgot to leave the key behind and the original key my dad had because he goes jogging by the canal and the canal is also just beyond the back gate.

So in the morning, I was kinda stuck. Walking all the way around to the back gate bus stop, via the FRONT gate is a real hassle, but then again, I really have no choice. Luckily, or should I say, beugvaan was listening to my mind and sent along this guy. We crossed paths and I just stopped, wondering if he was going by the back gate path or not. I waited to see if he would turn into the path. HALLELUJIA he was! I started sprinting to get just behind him so that when he reached the gate to open it, I'd be behind him and I could get through! My shoes were soft so He didn't hear me running ( I think), but after a while, when I could slow down, my breathing was quite heavy (like duh! suddenly running like that!) and he turned around, seeming quite surprised to see a person there. More specifically the one he walked past earlier, going in the opposite direction. But whatever. In the end, we were both going to NUS, so yeah. But omg, so much of stress just for a little check-up!

And sadly, when I got weighed, I found out that I didn't lose any weight. Sigh. I always thought those weighing machines at home were suspicious. On the other hand, I truly am 1.48m, not the 1.475 I thought I was! Which is a relief because I'd been telling ppl that 1.48 is my height. Well after the check up, it seemed everything was normal, didn't even have to take a blood test. The urine test was quite embarrassing because I gave like 5ml of sample. I had drunk a lot of water in the morning, but it just hadn't been processed yet! Luckily they didn't say anything about the amount. Now, I'm very tired. My arms, hurt, though not as much as some the others who went bouldering yesterday. Didn't do THAT much climbing. Got too tired! and the soles of my feet hurt. And my fingers! And my shoulders. But the aches are good aches, cuz I USED those muscles. Makes me feel good about it. Luckily my legs don't really hurt like when I do thigh exercises. Those will hurt so much that I can't even walk properly, and don't even talk about going up and especially down stairs! Sigh. Mother making me do her errands for her.

And my weekend is used up. Okay, now I'm tired and I've cooled down. Going to find something to eat. ciao!

shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!