Thursday, March 26, 2009

It Happened.

Well, unfortunately, it finally happened. After years of dodging the dreaded fever, It finally caught up with me. How it happened was very very strange. I woke up yesterday, already not feeling too well. Unfortunately, i really really had to go to Oriental to give them my IC so that they could process my application for banquet waitress(casual labour). Also, i had to pay for my NTU application because they deadline was drawing nearer and nearer. So i dragged myself all the way and i do mean ALL THE WAY. I didn't realise that it was so far away from city hall mrt station till yesterday. And i had to rush to get there before 4, in case the office was closed. After i had passed the ic and they photocopied it and returned it, i was so exhausted, that i just had to sit for a while. Bear in mind i had been rushing since i left the house and it was VERY HOT when i left and i had nto sat down for a long while. WHile i was sitting and trying to ignore the stream of people coming through that door, I had the first thought that maybe i was ill. Couldn't quite place my finger on what exactly the illness was, but at leasti knew i WAS ill.

Well, i couldn't sit there forever, andi still had one more errand to do. The previous day when i had come to the Oriental to fill out the application form in the first place, i had walked all the way to marina square to pay the nus fees and then later, gone to holland v to pay the smu fees at the axs machine. Unfortuately, i didn't know the correct bill reference number for ntu, which was why i was doing it yesterday. Anyway, i didn't want to walk all the way to marina square and get lost in the mall again and i could vaguesly remember seeing a dbs machine at the esplanade, which was much nearer. So i went there and paid it. I remember that the machine couldn't issue a receipt and i didn't know if i should use that machine or not. But i know that keeping the receipt from the payments is for "just in case"; you don't actually have to present the receipt(i'm sorry but i really cannot remember HOW THE HELL TO SPELL "receipt"), so i thought okay, just pay here. Besides, i did not have the energy to walk all the way to another machine, at marina square. Of course now, while i sit and think about it i'm regretting not getting the receipt and think that i should have just walked over to marina square and done it and normally i totally would have done, but yesterday, i fet awful! still, i just wondering if there's a possible way for me to like, get the receipt from the last transaction i did. If anyone knows if that's possible, please let me knoe. Would save A LOT of trouble.

I was so desperate for something to fix the awful-ness, i even contemplated going into harry's just so i could sit and ask for some hot water. Of course when i told my mother that ingenious plan, she said don't. Then again, i don't think i had the guts, right then to just waltz(or stumble) in to Harry's and just ask for hot water. Anyway, after completing that transaction, i decided to go home. Thankfully, there was a straight, if not hideously long bus ride all the way home from the bus stop right outside the esplanade. Through out the ride, i drifted in and out of sleep, was freezing, feeling awful and in desperate need of water. Unfortunately, the stupid bottle i brought with me, happened to me screwed so tight, i couldn't open it. Can you believe that!? It was raining wheni arrived at my bus stop but i had my little umbrella. My dad also happened to be there w/o an umbrella and usually he calls the house for someone(me) to bring him one, but seeing as i was out, he was stuck. He still was stuck cuz my umbrella was small, so he said, you go first, when it subsides, ill come. I swear, i took the longest time EVER to walk back to my house. My dad, left the bus stop like 5 mins after i started walking reached home waaaaayyyy before me(though this was probably becuase he was rushing and i couldn't). When i got home all i wanted to do was to just lie down. I couldn't sleep becuase i had only woken up at one in the afternoon(believe me, im not proud of it) so i decided to watch tv. Took my temp and it was 37.6.

Seperate note, in case anyone was wondering, this post is going to be a real doozy. Meaning a VERY VERY long one. Might even have a part 2. Obviously you can tell that i'm feeling better cuz believe me, if i wasn't, this would not be happening.

Anyway, all i did yesterday was lie on the sofa and like watch tv. Surprisingly, that was pretty much what everyone else did. When i got round to sleeping, of course AFTER everyone esle had slept, though to give me credit, i slept, or went to bed at one, the earliest ever, as just becuase i'm sick, doesn't mean that my bio clock is immediately righted. I could not sleep properly. And i could feel myself burning up(dear god i can't even use the phrase without thinking about the jonas brothers) and i had weird dreams that didn't even make sense, though that's nothing out fo the ordinary. I couldn't take it anymore and got up at 6, just to sit around in the hall. When i checked my temp, it was 38.0 degrees. Obvious fever. Mum made me toast, which i ate much later.What amazed me was that while i was checking out the scholarship application for nus( im NOT applying becuase i literally have nothing to write that they would even want) it was so hot that i was sweating! This was slightly after i ate my one piece of toast, but before i took the panadol. I could feel myself getting better, or at least the fever coming down. And i didn't even DO anything!!! That amazed me the most. When i took my temp much later, it was down to 36.5, normal. I still took one panadol, in case it thought of coming back and for the teeny tiny headache and body aches i had. By this time, it was 9 in the morning and i was exhausted. I fell asleep for tiredness and for something ot do. No dreams this time, which means i woke up at 11 quite fresh-ish but still decided to sleep more because i was feeling lonely and people(my family) who promised to call had not. So i woke up at one, and decided to do the calling myself. Called my grandmother and talked for half an hour. Called my mother and repeatedly told her i'm not applying for the damn scholarship because i HAVE NOTHING TO WRITE. Believe me, if i HAD something that they expected from their scholarship candidates, like an executive position in a commitee, or being a sportswoman, or taken part in some national or international debate/quizzes, or arts/ community thingy, i would definitely apply and even call my teacher for the recommendation(apologising profusely for the lateness of course), but i DIDN'T. So im quite adamant about not applying. Besides, I'm not needy. I personally CAN'T STAND the word "needy" but that's what they use so oh well. I'm not because i can use my parent's cpf thingy(i'm quite sure both have enough) and then pay it back after i graduate. This WAS the plan all along, a plan made by THEM by the way. Why this scholarship came in i don't know. And really after reading about the scholarships, i was all ready to apply for the NUS Faculty Award, even all my teacher about the recommendation 4 days before the deadline, until i saw the application form. So yeah.

Anyway, i think i'm being side-tracked and this post is getting to be way too long. I shall start a part 2, jsut so i can finish my thoughts.
sooooo...continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!