Wednesday, March 18, 2009

the perks of being short

I personally never thought i'd ever write about this because i truly am fine with my height. Believe me when i say that with a number of guys i talk to, my height is the conversation starter. ESPECIALLY with guys, because i have noted that it comes up at least once. Anyway, this thought came into my head earlier today.
Picture this if you will: A very crowded MRT carriage(probably the green or red line), and most of the men are at least 1.6 something and up. The ladies, at the most, 1.5msomething and up.Amidst all of them, is a young female, who stands at 1.48m. Yes, i proclaim it here, that is my height. And if you're wondering exactly how tall that is, take 1 and a half 1m rulers, and deduct that annoying 2 cm. Now, because this person is below average height of the people in the carriage, all she sees to her immediate 270 degrees is clothing. She reaches to the very tall man's waist, and the average man's chest or shoulders. Nearly to the height of the women.(unless they're wearing heels of course). So people then automatically assume that she doesn't have very much air to breathe down there. Actually, she's perfectly fine. Unlike all the rest of the passengers, who are mostly of similar height, she doesn't have to fight with another face at the same"altitude" for air. At the most, some woman's hair may flick in her face. That's all. Plus, its a whole lot easier for her to duck beneath and squeeze through people to get out.

This kind of scenario was what i faced at a concert. I went with my sis D, and her friends, A, S, G and T. D and A and i, for some stupid reason wanted to get as close to the stage as we could, meaning the mosh pit. Before that could even happen, we had to squeeze with many people at the queue to GET IN THE DAMN PLACE. so we waited. Girls hair was constantly flicking in my face and i had to hold on to my sis. for some reason, to her it looked like i couldn't breathe, that i was suffocating, most probably because i wasn't actually tall enough to put my head up to reach the air above. Actually, i was absolutely fine. it was even cool where my face was, below everyone else's because hello? cool air sinks? so yeah, and at my height, i could totally scrutanise everyone else's outfit without being stared at. Of course there are a few other anecdotes with that night, but i'm not going into that.
Basically, all you guys out there and all thse girls out there who make fun of my height or tease me, realise that i got a good thing going on here. Oh and also, the teasing has no effect, cuz I LOVE BEING SHORT!!!!

damn i'm positive today. god knows why. oh wells. yeah. so now that i've talked about the height thing, it's done.

p.s. a little confession?: thought i'm totally fine about my height and joke about it and all, sometimes it randomly hits me HOW short i am. it just comes out of nowhere and i don't feel bad or anything, but its just like whoa! and it doens't come when i see 9 year-olds at my height. just to let you know. cuz i'm fine with that. so yeah.


shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!