Tuesday, March 31, 2009

You know, something came to my mind that i thought i should share here. I read in one of those chick lit books, you know, the ones i love but man people keep "dissing" them? Anyway, this characher, lets just call him Jack, found out that the girl he was interested in and was good friends with and suddenly gotten engaged to be married soon. This is what he said to her when he met her: "All the best and all my love" or something to that extent. When she asks him why he doesn't congratulate her, he says this:" I believe in only congratulating the men, because they are the lucky ones to have found a woman to marry them. To the women, i simply wish them all the best with married life"

Now isn't that the sweetest thing you have ever heard!!!!????!!!!!!!! I was just like, wow, so true!! and so nice.... sigh. I have no idea why that tiny conversation came into my head but i just thought i'd record it down. anyway, on another unrelated note, how many of you even notice when new kitchen items are bought? Like a new ladle, or a new vegetable peeler? Obviously not many, because most you have actual things to DO in your life, unlike me which is why i noticed today that the vegetable peeler looked spotless when i peeled the cucmber to eat in the afternoon. I thought at first that my mother had simply scrubbed it spotless, but when i washed it again in the night, i noticed it looked new! So i asked my mother and she said in a surprised voice that my dad bought a new one. She was obviously surprised that someone had even bothered to wonder about the new vegetable peeler, but then again, she doesn't quite realise the extent of boredom i experience on a day-to-day basis.

Which is why i'm thinking of starting bollywood dance classes at a studio. I was initially looking for salsa, or latin dance classes, but just so happens that the studio i was checking out online, also offered bollywood dance classes. Many would be wondering, why on earth do U shini, need bollywood dance classes? Well, i personally feel very rusty in the dance area, having stopped dance like 6 months ago. Plus, since its so vigorous, its wonderful exercise for me, jsut to get the blood pumping. And i love bollywood music more than any other type of music so why not? Plus, i won't feel so intimidated in the class becuase my self-esteem where dance is concerned is practically in the gutter. I figure, that once i get my dance-mojo back, i might be able to start learning salsa at the same place too. Plus my mother would also get used to the idea of me dancing again, though the idea of me dancing salsa with partners she doesn't know, will probably drive her nuts and she may not be very happy. However, i have decided that the time has come for my mother to slowly let go, or at least loosen the reins. A little. so yeah. If i have drummed up the courage and $$$ by the 16th of april, i'll go for the bollywood dance trial then and if i like it, register for a full course. If not, I'll go on the 25th of april. either way, i'm doing it. FINALLY something to add flavour to my life. Will help with the waiting time for acceptence too.

And lastly, something happened today that made me quite sad, irritated and upset. While trying on clothes at a shop in a mall today, i took off my favourite bangle because the dress was too tight and hung that on a hook in the fitting room. When i left, i totally forgot about the bangle and left it there. After having my sandwich at subway downstairs, i remembered suddenly and rushed up to get my bangle, innocently assuming it'd be there. I think i was eating for about half an hour or so. When i go there and checked the room(i had to wait for customers to come out) and the cashier area, the bangle was nowhere to be found. I was EXTREMELY annoyed with myself and EXTREMELY sad. Some b**** stole my bangle!!!!!! I swear i am never taking off any jewellery when i try clothes on and am going to be more careful. But still can't help remember the bangle.Anyway, enough babbling. bye.

shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!