Thursday, June 4, 2009

Changes

Got a few things to talk about here.

Firstly, I'm going to make a few changes within myself, and in relation to how I behave towards certain people. I am going to be MORE forward and tell them how I feel and tell them what I want to do and not just boil and stew inside angrily. I always thought that communication is key and I never realised till now that I wasn't practicing what I was preaching. Well, all that's going to change! Only problem is that it takes some courage, and I just gotta summon that courage from somewhere. Good luck to me I guess!

Secondly, I am going to just accept people the way the are. People have good things about them and bad things about them and instead of bitching about it, I should just accept the bad things and remind myself of the good things. Of course I can try as much as possible to help them change the bad things, but in the event that I wimp out or they refuse to see my position on the matter, I will just let it be and forget it. No point harbouring all these negative feelings towards a person because its not good for the relationship or for me.

Thirdly, I realised also that education, while it is extremely EXTREMELY important for everyone, and believe me, I support that 100%, if you don't have the brilliant education or if, for example, you did not make it to university, its not the end of the world. I mean think about it, there are so many successful businessmen in the world who did not go to university. People in Singapore put so much of importance on going to the U, and my parents are one of them. But, not everyone CAN go to the U because there simply aren't enough places. That doesn't mean that those with degrees should think highly of themselves, or look down on those who didn't go to the university. I should amend what I wrote earlier. Not everyone can go to the LOCAL universities, because there aren't enough places. People, can still, down the road of their lives, enroll in a uni and get a degree. However, getting a degree is not the be all and end all. Our generation don't look down on those who don't go into the university, but people in the past did. Some people, now in their 30s 40s and 50s, who went to the U, do think that they are a cut above the rest and that's not necessarily true.

Lastly,(because I simply cannot remember all my realisations I had earlier today), is that family is everything. You may not like everyone in your extended family, lord knows I don't all the time, but you still can't cut them off. Distance yourself, converse less, but you can't and shouldn't burn whole bridges, at least not with people you're related to. Think about it, there are people out there with no relations in the world, who would kill to be in your position.

I supposed, the moral of the day is that tolerance is key. And for me, I just gotta speak up more and not be so quiet. I mean if I can't speak my mind with the people I'm supposed to be close to, who can I speak my mind to right?

Well, done a fair bit of reflection for today, and now I feel calm and at peace.
Good night children....

shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!