Friday, June 19, 2009

If you pay peanuts, you will get monkeys

I have totally and absolutely learned my lesson.
NEVER EVER GO TO MY SISTER FOR A MASSAGE EVER AGAIN.

Why you ask?
let me re-cap.

Yesterday, after we got back from our cousin's house, where we had stayed over for one night because we were too lazy to go home and it was too late anyway, I bugged my sister for a massage because my back had been feeling a little stiff lately(probably because of all the typing on the too high dining table), and besides, she totally owed me a massage after I had given her one. Now, I have already complained to her about her bony fingers and how she's too hard. So this time, there was improvement in her technique.

Also, her massages for me usually don't last very long and when she told me that when she does for her friends, its like half an hour, so of course, I asked her to make mine a little longer. For some reason, my shoulders hurt more than normal, but i figured it was a side-effect of D's massage technique. First pain, then relief. Unfortunately, this was not so. After the massage, my shoulders still hurt, quite a lot actually. Especially when I touched them. The pain continued till today, which alarmed me, so I just casually asked my mother to see if my sister had bruised me, if there were any blue-black spots. When she checked, she saw that my shoulder area was SWOLLEN! Apparently, my shoulders had swollen due to over-stimulation, ie, D's massaging! My mother applied this anasigltion-thingy, with a smell like tiger balm, and massaged it into my skin, which still hurt by the way, and now I have my shoulders, burning, cuz of the heat! quite uncomfortable let me tell you! Anyway, yeah, I am never asking my sis for a massage ever again.

Anyway, a thought occurred to me as I was getting the cream thingy massaged into my skin. We happened to be talking about science vs arts, and I realised that that arguement is like one fo the worst aruguements of all. I know this because I have argued it before with my wonderful science friend who's so damn logical it can really irritate me when I'm being irrational. The arguement got nowhere, mostly because I'm bad at arguing, and he had more points. But the point is that this debate just keeps going round in circles, which is why when I did the topic for one of my GP essays, I got too carried away and got lousy marks.

However, I do realise that I haven't posted my opinion on the matter so I'll just do so as quickly as I can.
Being an arts person, and an arts student, of course I deem the arts very very necessary to one's life. The ability to enjoy art, and drama and dance, and to argue about Shakespeare's works, and even to find out about juicy tidbits about France's history, excite the mind, and helps us to develop the part of us that deals with human interaction and social situations. The arts, relaxes oneself and relaxation is quite inportant. However, science again is important too, I mean what its done for humanity speaks for itself! I am not goign to list everything out because, it would be too long. My opinion is that like everything else in life, balance is necessary. Too much science, and one can get detached from people. Too much of the arts, and one can be left behind while everyone else progresses. Oh! and one more thing I'd like to divulge. I admire anyone in science industry, and anyone who's brilliant in science, mostly because I could never achieve that. Of course I admire great playwrights and Literature teachers who have the ability to dissect and sift through all the words of an author, playwright or poet to give you the gems of insight into what the writer was trying to tell the world. Again, mostly because I could never do that myself..


Sigh. Alright, enough blogging. ciao for now!

shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!