Monday, June 1, 2009

Syney White

Been going through a chick flick phase. It started with Lovewrecked, because I hadn't watched it and I DO like Amanda Bynes. And on youtube, in the related videos sections, you see all these other movies in their various parts, so I just click click and watch! Anyway, came across the movie Sydney White which technically I have already watched. But I just felt like watching it again.

The movie's references to the fairytale Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs are ridiculously obvious. The main character's name is Sydney White! Her mother died when she was young and was raised by her dad and his fellow construction workers.So somewhat of a tomboy. Oh! Did I mention that they also incorporated the usual chick flick themes? Girl doesn't fit in anywhere, well at least not in a sorority house her mum was in, in college and so gets kicked out. Meets group of dorks, helps them better themselves, and along the way meets her boy of dreams, or should I say her Prince Charming called Tyler Prince! Of course there's the requisite bitch who's Miss Popular and Perfect who secretly check's the campus's Hot or Not list to make sure she's No.1(ie the fairest one of them all), the head of said sorority house called Rachel Witchburn! Ha! I just remembered the scene in the movie where all the pledges line up and Rachel with the huge Magnifying glass scruntinises all their faces and tells them what's wrong and she has something to say for everyone, except of course, our girl Sydney who has nothing wrong. So obvious I swear.

Oh! And the dorks or should I say dwarfs. There are of course 7.
1. Spanky-really really wants to have sex but is not really dreamy if you know what I mean
2.Shy/Bashful-talks through his hand puppet
3.Hypochondriac-very sweet with like a million allergies and a whole load of medical supplies
4.Sleepy-a Nigerian who after 3 years STILL hasn't gotten used to the reversed time in the US
5.Grumpy-Very angsty person who writes a blog. Very good with the IT too
6.Dopey-adorable Junior Tiger Guide who's having trouble with knots, thus preventing him from moving up to Tiger Guide, but always wins at poker, without knowing it.
7.Smarty-Older graduated student, trying to perfect a theory and is EXTREMELY smart. Big surprise from him in the end

So I think I would call this movie and mix of a loved fairytale and the typical chick flick. All the same, I do like it very much!

shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!