Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I LOVE supermarkets. I really do. I feel so safe in supermarkets. Especially those HUGE ones, with like cooking appliances and stuff. Like I always reassure myself that if I were ever trapped in mall, the first place I'd try to break into would be the supermarket. The second would be a department store that sells beds. Or should the second one be the toilet? Anyway, yeah, all the food in the supermarket just makes me so happy! And its one place that I always buy SOMETHING every time I go in. Today, my sister, went a little overboard with the supermarket shopping at NTUC, and totally dumped anything she wanted in the trolley, mostly because my mother wasn't there and I couldn't really stop her. I did have to physically restrain her at times, but the girl's arms are longer than mine, so whadaya gonna do?!

Anywho, all in all, half the stuff my mother ended up buying was put in by my sister. Strangely enough, my mother actually DID pay for them!

After that we went for a late LATE dinner, at Raj's, near Mustaffa, cuz we're vaishnu today (vaishnu means vegetarian, i think in sindhi), and we arrived at their last order time, 10.30. So of course there were all the signals for us to leave asap. This thought occurred to me. Can restaurants kick patrons out who refuse to leave, even though the air-con is turned off, most the lights are off, the chairs and tables stacked up and the whole host of waiters milling about, very visiblyy? I mean all those are supposed to be signals telling the last customer to leave. But what if the customer just refuses to leave and is so thick-skinned and oblivious to the signals around him? What then? I mean, in the service world, and business world, the customer is ALWAYS right. But then again, its really really not fair to make the staff wait for you, I mean they have to go home too and they've worked hard all day. So really, what happens?


shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!