Friday, June 12, 2009

hello children

I have 2 thoughts to ponder on. 2 very different thoughts.

Firstly, I was wondering about the children who grew up in wars. Any war really. Though the war I'm thinking of right now is the WWII. Its the only war that I can think of right now that relates directly to Singapore in some way. And I was thinking, that those poor children, who had to grow up during the wartime, had to grow up very very quickly. Their childish innocence was taken away from them too early. The would have had to become adults, and be practical and logical and careful too early in their lives, and this must have somehow affected them in their later years in their life, when the war ended. I think I read somewhere that those children grew up to become too solemn and serious and quiet. That sense of being carefree, and the hope and faith one has, in almost everything, is so precious. Children think differently,and their imagination, I think helped to create wonderful stories. Well, not their imagination exactly, but adults, with that kind of imagination, and the skills the adult has, to create wonderful stories, both on paper and in film. Its just sad, I guess, that children struck with tragedy have to become responsible, and mature and not have a childhood. And its kind of annoying that some adults, for whatever reason, can play around and have like an extended childhood and are irresponsible and ridiculous. Sigh. random thoughts I know.


Another random thought I had was about feet. I think if I could, I'd walk around barefoot all the time, everywhere. I mean think about it, I wouldn't have blisters from stupid shoes and and I wouldn't have to worry about my shoes getting ruined. Of course, I'd also end up burning my feet and scratching my feet and over soaking my feet, so its not a very good idea. But my point is that I am more comfortable walking about without shoes, though I'm the kind of person that will not mind spending a fairly large amount of money on shoes that fit perfectly, are comfortable, don't cause blisters, add height and LOOK FABULOUS! Then again, who wouldn't if those shoes existed right?
The instant my shoes touch the sand, the shoes come off. the very instant I swear! I LOVE the beach sand, especially when the sand is soft, fine, white(though any colour would be fine too), and warm. Sigh. I'm just itching to go to the beach now. Anyway, I've run out of steam. Getting distracted. These are my two random thoughts. gotta go then!

shini

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment!